• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Morning Dew. Best Ive seen and heard

#50250 2 years, 8 months ago

Only Song post Drumz. It was as if they knew there was nothing left they could possibly do.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT, LBDowling
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Morning Dew. Best Ive seen and heard

#50301 2 years, 8 months ago
I remember going to this show. We drove down to Hampton first for three sweet shows and then on to Philly. We were waiting for Jerry to bust out a Dew and bust out he did!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#50305 2 years, 8 months ago
That is a very nice one. But can i just vent a minute and say that the whole slow clapping during this song thing that popped up around this time was/is more than a little annoying? This song was never meant to be clapped through!
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#50307 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
That is a very nice one. But can i just vent a minute and say that the whole slow clapping during this song thing that popped up around this time was/is more than a little annoying? This song was never meant to be clapped through!

Perhaps my mind was preoccupied to notice that!! I have never seen a show with one song post drumz and encore. This was the night we bombed Lybia perhaps this is why only one song and Dew was it.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#50308 2 years, 8 months ago
Island Head wrote:
I remember going to this show. We drove down to Hampton first for three sweet shows and then on to Philly. We were waiting for Jerry to bust out a Dew and bust out he did!

That He did. The whole eastern leg was very exciting.
Chester
More or less in line

#50312 2 years, 8 months ago
That is a sweet version. Jerry always seemed to be aware of current events, and sometimes it would show in the song selection.
Bobby too. And Morning Dew is essentially an anti war song.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#50475 2 years, 8 months ago
Perhaps you might enjoy one of these versions as well (it's a cool site for cool versions of song). headyversion.com/song/184/grateful-dead/morning-dew/

The site just turned me onto a nice long lovelight from Feb '69. Charlie Millers version actually was a bit flatter than the other (surprisingly) but I can't wait for the pig to go off.......... Here he goes, "Now listen fellows........" about 12 minutes in (this is a 21 min version). www.archive.org/details/gd1969-02-22.sbd.vernon.5206.shnf

I love that Jerry in Red sign at the beginning. Jerry in Red, Trouble ahead.

Reminds me of the way they used to alternate who opened the show, Jerry or Bobby, made the game "guess the opener" a bit easier, although sometimes they would sneak in a good times roll or another song that was neither Jerry nor Bobby.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
mirabelasunshine
Junior Boarder

#50544 2 years, 8 months ago
I forget which year it was -- 83, 84, or 85 -- but there was one at SPAC that was pretty much beyond belief.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#50558 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:

amen sister sue!
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#50607 2 years, 8 months ago
I was on the wall in front of Jerry this night. When Phil broke out his second Box of Rain to end the first set the place exploded. The First night we were on the wall in front of Phil. Also a very good show. This is one of the two best Dews I was to experience.
Philzone Phan
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds