• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Tri Studios - KC Moan

#50105 2 years, 11 months ago
They also announced that Slightly Stupid will perform there on sept 13th ----- thats one I wont be buying, enless Bob was going to play with them but it dosn't sound that way....

www.tristudios.com
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by MushroomMan.
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

Re: Tri Studios - KC Moan

#50137 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for the post, OP - I usually get an email notification from TRI on new vids but didn't get one [yet]. That was a nice and soulful production of KC Moan by Bob. So far, everything produced at TRI Studios has been of stellar quality, both sound and video.

On the TRI site they said, "[Slightly Stoopid] will perform and feature legendary guests Ian Neville, Don Carlos, Karl Denson and more" - one could easily assume that Bob would be asked to join them for a song or two. I doubt I'll buy that stream, either, but it does seem like it has the makings for an interesting show.

One good point about the Slightly Stoopid booking: That is TRI's first paying customer since Bob launched the studio (in March 2011 IIRC - 5 months ago).. Like Bob mentioned in the intermission Q&A for the Furthur show there, he essentially needs to get the studio booked solid and sell a lot of tickets in order to be able to afford to keep TRI going and to avoid bankruptcy. Bob spared no expense in putting TRI together and it shows. Here's to Bob and TRI's success: may the booking storm and sold-out live streams at TRI begin...
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
Brian
Fresh Boarder

#50162 2 years, 11 months ago
Love the Tri vids....my favorites are
1. other one...bob weir and friends
2. unbroken chain: furthur
3. big bad blues: bob solo

great stuff through the laptop hdmi to the plasma....
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#50163 2 years, 11 months ago
I'll admit it, I know nothing about Slightly Stoopid. Can someone kindly educate me a little and offer an opinion?
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#50171 2 years, 11 months ago
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slightly_Stoopid

Haven't heard them either, but imagine they are good. (Brad from Sublime liked them)

C'mon guys give it a shot, I am sure it will be cool.

@dead ahead, thank you for the insight.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#50179 2 years, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I'll admit it, I know nothing about Slightly Stoopid. Can someone kindly educate me a little and offer an opinion?

I'm a big Sublime fan and have seen slightly stupid once before, very reggae,house,ska, influence. I kinda put them in the same boat as Phish in comparison to The Dead (Sublime) of that genre, They're not bad but they're no Sublime. A little too commercial popish at times too, like Rebolution, and their fans seem to consist mostly of a whole bunch of disrespectful teens going to their first concert (lightin fires, pukin all over, spendin the whole show on the phone tweeting to friends they're at the Sl;ightly Stupid show). At the same time I'm not trying put them down, i enjoy some of their tunes and the bassist is pretty sick but I think Tea Leaf or ALO, or Melvin, or a million others should have dibs on TRi over them. But then again they are prolly richer than all the bands I just mentioned and money does make the world go round!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#50185 2 years, 11 months ago
that was so cool, now all i want is monkey and the engineer.....
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#50195 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm hoping for a Monkey & the Engineer at one of the 3 solo shows I'll see...

that KC Moan was a real nice video - I like how they have it old school quality for the first verse and then back to it at the end. I am so psyched to see him solo acoustic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbeach12078
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds