• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OpenMike
Fresh Boarder

Just A Little Light

#49599 2 years, 11 months ago
I saw one of the setlists (I don't recall which one) after The Mann had Just A Little Light--I wonder: who sang it? Jeff? As The Mann show started, I think I heard them contemplating it (I think John had other ideas, and I love Sittin' On Top of The World, works for me). But, has Furthur been playing Just a Little Light?

And, has anyone seen any sheet music for it someplace? One of my favorite parts of that song actually was the solo Jerry played to accompany Brent--hot, kind of like Estimated Prophet but also effervescent. Wouldn't it be interesting to get some kind of sheet music that might track (on some level) what Jerry did on guitar and to give that a shot on piano?

And for anyone who caught The Mann show, I for one loved all of it--from arriving in my seat more than an hour early and hearing Pink Floyd, Nick Cave (pink, pink, pink, pink, pink moon), and other music prior to show and to both killer sets. Help on the Way--she has no pain, like a child she is pure, she is not to blame...Don't stop to run, she can fly like a lie, she can't be outdone.

Peace.
Cause it's a place you've never been
Maybe a place you've never seen now
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: Just A Little Light

#49602 2 years, 11 months ago
They played it in st aug on 7-30. The jam out of he's gone into just a little light was sublime. JK sings it. It has a lot of potential. Id like to see it as a regular occurance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbeach12078, OpenMike
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#49605 2 years, 11 months ago
checking it out on youtube now, its freakin awesome...jeff's the man on keys, but i miss brent...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#49608 2 years, 11 months ago
www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-3...pyder9.115459.flac16

you can also here the show on archive .org
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by funky420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, jbeach12078
intothesun
Visitor

#49646 2 years, 11 months ago
Are they playing picasso moon? Yes, yes, i know its not a brent tune...but it was a tune where his presence on the keyboard was at the forefront of the song. "Its better than a drive in movie , oooh my."
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#49674 2 years, 11 months ago
it's been played a total of 7 times...played at 2 of the rehearsal shows before winter 2010, then they did on in atlanta, one in manchester NH, another rehearsal show in june and then all good 2010 and the st augustine show
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: OpenMike
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#49675 2 years, 11 months ago
intothesun wrote:
Are they playing picasso moon? Yes, yes, i know its not a brent tune...but it was a tune where his presence on the keyboard was at the forefront of the song. "Its better than a drive in movie , oooh my."

it is played but very rarely...it's been a while

they practiced it before winter 2010 once, played it in hampton on that tour, busted it back out for the tour closer, and rehearsed it once since then...

4 total, i'd love to catch another
intothesun
Visitor

#49678 2 years, 11 months ago
Most people I've met that are full of knowledge as you are have been phish fans. They can sense a YEM with a simple tap of the snare drum a certain way by Jon...or a mound by the way Mike rubbs his nose....you are really incredible. Thanks for the info. Wow...you really know your material. I think the next set of box sets and live releases should be changed from Dick's picks to Lewis's Picks. lol !!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#49680 2 years, 11 months ago
intothesun wrote:
Most people I've met that are full of knowledge as you are have been phish fans. They can sense a YEM with a simple tap of the snare drum a certain way by Jon...or a mound by the way Mike rubbs his nose....you are really incredible. Thanks for the info. Wow...you really know your material. I think the next set of box sets and live releases should be changed from Dick's picks to Lewis's Picks. lol !!

hahaha, i find it to be the complete opposite...from what i've experienced their fans and even tour cats don't know their catalog..you know something is wrong when i am being asked what songs phish is playing....by someone on tour...i don't know everything though man, sometimes i use a website to check my information, as i am not about to post something that isn't right...i normally remember dates, cities, venues, setlists (not song by song for every one) of shows i was actually at...and i have not been to all of furthurs...only 72 i am very in tune with how they jam, i listen for the little things, which in turn are sometimes big indicators of where we may possibly be going, but not always...phil and bob know how to stump anyone in this audience
Time to create page: 3.23 seconds