• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: Day Job

#49572 2 years, 11 months ago
Awful song. The band never seemed to make it work. Please Furthur, No Day Job!
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#49574 2 years, 11 months ago
It is a pleasant enough song with good advice in it.

I think the thing about it was...most younger heads in a heady state of mind did not want to hear about work while in that state of mind and the message in the song just became a bummer for them.

I suspect the more the tour head feared the rat race, the more dislike was aimed at that song.

Seemed that way to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, wlewis, SunshineSue
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#49576 2 years, 11 months ago
I hope you find good work soon:)

Best of wishes 23atwell!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by PMoondancer .
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#49682 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm glad they took it our of rotation. Not very dancable, no "deeper meaning" like many of their songs, and a terrific let down as an encore IMO.

I was bitching on another tread about skipping Hershey '85 and never missing another show since. Well as the world turns the same day I posted that the Sirius / XM GD channel played Hershey '85 as the show of the day. Felt like a backhanded FU. Awsome show, I was eating my heart out again, but then they came to the encore - "Day Job". That awful encore (probably played well) made me feel a bit better about missing the show. .

When the boys are magical, it should end in with a Baby Blue, Brokedown Palace, Ripple, Box of Rain, GoodNight Irene or if you want lighter even a touch of gray. Something with a real message to take home with you. One of my first encores at a live show was Revolution.....nice way to leave a show, you know it's gonna be -- shoobie doo -- all right.

When I am at a show - the last think I am thinking about is my dayjob, that's for sure.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds