• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Sugaree?

#49259 3 years ago
Which version you guys like better, JGB or GD. I'm still sort of on the fence. I wonder why he choose that song to bring over to JGB and not another like stella blue.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: Sugaree?

#49265 3 years ago
Grateful Dead but I also loved hearing Warren sing it with The Dead.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#49357 3 years ago
it's hard to choose man. There 2 complete different takes on it and I love them all
intothesun
Visitor

#49368 3 years ago
The Grateful Dead. Also, they love eachother, another song that jumped fences, was way better and kick ass by the dead. jgb was the bomb when it came to Mowtown and blues (Chicago blues)
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#49384 3 years ago
As long as it gets me moving I don't mind who's playing it

But I will say I totally dig a Jerry Band Deal over a GD.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
1wayoranother
Fresh Boarder

#49390 3 years ago
The JGB version on live at kean college is a version that has always been one of my favorites though overall i would probably choose a GD version. Really a day by day, individual version by individual version thing though. Any version by either band has the potential to completely blow your mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#49399 3 years ago
23atwell wrote:
Which version you guys like better, JGB or GD. I'm still sort of on the fence. I wonder why he choose that song to bring over to JGB and not another like stella blue.

Loved GD version especially in late 80s. See 8.12.87.
www.archive.org/details/gd1987-08-12.sbd...r.95684.sbeok.flac16

I think this was more a JG tune from the outset. It appeared on Garcia, along with Deal, Birdsong, Loser, The Wheel, To Lay Me Down.

According to Annotated Dead it was first played by GD 7/31/71. Garcia album came out January 72 and that album was produced by Billy K, Ramrod, Betty Cantor and Bob Mathews. In fact Garcia played all instruments but drums. So it seems like Jerry brought Sugaree to Dead as opposed to JGB borrowing it from GD, as would be the case with Stella.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Time to create page: 1.49 seconds