• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

Re: Do You Like Dave Matthews?

#49366 3 years, 1 month ago
I remember when DMB opened for the Dead in Vegas in 1995. Not many people were inside at the time he came on and I really feel that DM should count his blessings.

I'm not knocking anyone on hear who likes him....
What would be the answer to answer man
kfender
Gold Boarder

#49375 3 years, 1 month ago
My girlfriend loves DMB,me not so much.He seems to really hit a chord with a lot of ladies.I don't quite get it myself.Tim Reynolds adds alot to the live show I will admit.I saw him once in Syracuse because my girl wanted to go.I still had fun like I always do but the music didn.t move me at all.
mountainjam28
Junior Boarder
Enjoying the ride...

#49380 3 years, 1 month ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I don't care for him and never felt that vibe I'm looking for in his music. A friend of mine once told me he bashed the Jamband community. I'm not sure exactly what he said. And my friend told me this a few years back....Dave was doing an interview or something and he said he doesn't like playing at the campout music festivals and he talked bad about the people who go there and stuff. I don't really remember but after that he rubbed me even more the wrong way!

yeah, I feel the same.. I went to a couple of his shows then I caught wind he said this stuff so I stopped going and listening to his music. He's a great musician and he has a GREAT band but I don't want to particularly listen to a diva.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#49386 3 years, 1 month ago
^^^^^ yea I don't exactly remember what he said but remember it was NOT good! If he doesn't want to support us I'm not going to support him!

O plus I can't stand his screechy singing. Kinda hurts my ears lol
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by FurthurFlower67.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#49416 3 years, 1 month ago
Tim Reynolds --- that's who he played with at Farm Aid in Mansfield
Chester
More or less in line

#49418 3 years, 1 month ago
I've never failed to be surprised by his popularity.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#49422 3 years, 1 month ago
I saw him @ Folsom Field on 7/11/01. I think they released a disc for this show. Pretty weak show. At least he tries, + in theory his music is good...but, something gets lost in the process. I can listen to him. But will not see him again, or own any of his music.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#49433 3 years, 1 month ago
My sister's a huge fan & so I've seen him a few times with her. Dave himself is super talented, good performances/song writing and paired with Tim Reynolds, the duo really works. The Dave Matthews band tries, but doesn't get to a good place, IMHO. Where there should be delicious guitar solos, the horn section takes over, and many times I feel like they think the audience gets off on them blowing their horns louder, in a chaotic frenzy, which just gives me a headache... seems to whip up the drunken 17-22 year old set, but gave me a headache, more than once. Anyone else get that @ DMB?
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#49475 3 years, 1 month ago
No doubt they are all very talented, skilled musicians....but i have to agree with lenny kaye

"Their music," ( about the dead) writes Lenny Kaye, "touches on ground that most other groups don't even know exists."

and that's the part that grabs you.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#49488 3 years, 1 month ago
Love Lenny Kaye. Great writer, great musician. Patti Smith would never have been the same without him.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingBear
Time to create page: 0.89 seconds