• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Do You Like Dave Matthews?

#49242 3 years, 1 month ago
i'm watching Dave Matthews on Farm Aid, and once again I feel like I want to be liking what I'm hearing a lot more than I am. He seems like such a nice guy, and there's not really anything wrong with the songs or the music, but it just doesn't ever grab me. Am i missing something?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, deadheadnj, DeadHead420, DancingBear
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Do You Like Dave Matthews?

#49244 3 years, 1 month ago
Nope, your not missin anything. bahahahahahaha. I have no explanation for my answer. hahaha. I jus dont dig it. =-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
intothesun
Visitor

#49248 3 years, 1 month ago
I like Dave Mathews...but I LOVE his band members. The drummer and the fiddle/flute player really make the band so amazing. They are my favorite attribute to the band.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#49255 3 years, 1 month ago
Dave rocks. I have seen him play 7 years in a row in Tampa. This is the first year we wont see him since I moved here. Now I wouldn't follow him around the south like furthur but some people do. All of his band members are awesome. I generally like most music so maybe I am the wrong one to ask. But DMB is the bet thing going other than furthur imo. Should get out and see him. Be sure to get good seats.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#49256 3 years, 1 month ago
I like dmb. I used to love to see him in late 90 early 2000. No going to see him at the shoreline is not so interesting. I fee like all his shows are the same and doesn't bring that energy. I do like the fiddler they have. The best of what's around is a good cd
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#49322 3 years, 1 month ago
I don't care for him and never felt that vibe I'm looking for in his music. A friend of mine once told me he bashed the Jamband community. I'm not sure exactly what he said. And my friend told me this a few years back....Dave was doing an interview or something and he said he doesn't like playing at the campout music festivals and he talked bad about the people who go there and stuff. I don't really remember but after that he rubbed me even more the wrong way!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#49341 3 years, 1 month ago
I forgot who it was he was with when I seen him in Mansfield, MA at Farm Aid but I thought it was great - just him and another guy on acoustics ...... never really listened to him other then that but that set smoked for sure
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#49351 3 years, 1 month ago
I like a few of his songs but overall he doesn't move me. I've seen him live a couple of times and while the musicianship is undeniable, the sound just leaves me a little cold. I did like that solo tour he did a few years back with Trey on lead guitar. That just added a whole new vibe and in that context I thought Dave was pretty great. Did an amazing cover of Tell Me Something Good by Rufus.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#49361 3 years, 1 month ago
I like him solo and DMB.

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by formerly FLJen.
WGJORDAN3
Junior Boarder

#49362 3 years, 1 month ago
Dont know too much about DMB, but I've heard Dave Matthews with Tim Reynolds is good.
"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds