• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: BUILT TO LAST

#49412 3 years, 1 month ago
"phil and bob have both played at bethel woods before that furthur show

did not see earlier post"

-- yea I didn't look it up I just remembered someone saying that, maybe they were talking about Phil and Bob playing there together ?
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#49426 3 years, 1 month ago
Built To Last > Dancin' >High Time > Picasso Moon> Terrapin Suite, for one of the three second sets at RR. I know it wont happen....but,
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by strangerinboulder.
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#49668 3 years, 1 month ago
I like BTL too.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#49839 3 years, 1 month ago
Did they have electricity when you were born? Did you go on tour with the Wright Brother's? What do you make of this new fangled technology?
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by strangerinboulder.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#49902 3 years, 1 month ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Did they have electricity when you were born? Did you go on tour with the Wright Brother's? What do you make of this new fangled technology?

???????????
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#49982 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:

???????????

That was ment for "formerlyFLJen".....she was born on 1/8/1910. Pretty random, I guess.
arjanstar
Junior Boarder

#49986 3 years, 1 month ago
I definitely didn't appreciate BTL back in the day. Not that I disliked it, but it just wasn't one of the tunes that I really thought much about. Really enjoyed it in Bethel, though.
Feel good music in your soul. Make your body want to Rock and Roll!
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#50023 3 years, 1 month ago
kfender wrote:
The Bethel version caught me off guard,as it has rarely been played.I thought they did a great job with it.I had a great tape from 7/17/89 at Alpine.You can hear Jerry playing the first couple of notes then the whole band kick in.Really showed the band's ability to really fill up a tape as it were.A great example of how full their sound was.Also the funny line flub by Jerry "Don't save your breath to waste your face"Good stuff indeed

As did I. I also was lucky enough to get it at Phils B-day 3/15/11. Was really hoping to get a Tons of Steal but I missed that show. As for the Picasso Moon I think its on hold for West Coast as well as El Paso which did not make an appearance this tour. I must say that Throwing Stones was def a highlight on this last run, catching it twice I really feel the power of that song!
Chester
More or less in line

#50083 3 years, 1 month ago
I saw it a few times back in the day. Not a "rocker", but I always liked it. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chester
More or less in line

#50117 3 years, 1 month ago
Here's a great version.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,