• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: I'll admit it

#49813 2 years, 11 months ago
I wouldn't put Samba and Way To Go Home over Days Between and Lazy River Road .... I do like them but not more then Jerry's later day Dead songs.... but we all have our preferences
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
intothesun
Visitor

#49876 2 years, 11 months ago
yeah sure that sounds like a united nations thing to say...and I like that 4 sure. But I like what Jerry liked. He obviously enjoyed playing those songs or else they would not of played them. He didnt let vince play those songs just to be nice and give the piano guy a few of his own. He enjoyed playing the guitar along with the songs and singing the chorus. As I do. i think thats why I am so passionate about the songs and sound like a freak...(cause i could really care less if your opinion is one way or the other)...i like em no matter what...It's because i love singing them myself as a singer. the harmonies on both songs actual are awesome and strong and LOUD. I like singing loud. "Whooooo dooo you think you are....What you mean , when ya put us all dowwwwn?"
intothesun
Visitor

#49877 2 years, 11 months ago
leave lazy river outta this, she didnt do nuthin to anyone...thats a classic ballad about the big easy and runs very deep with love. I'll kill someone over a bad remark about such a masterpiece. jk.lol
arjanstar
Junior Boarder

#49891 2 years, 11 months ago
intothesun wrote:
And as a guitarist, I think the solo Jerry did on Way 2 go Home is unbelievably awesome. It just ripps !! again songs like ll rain and jack straw were terrible when first played and then became better and better. It had more to do with the band, in these cases, Bobby , getting the structure of the music to where it should be properly played......had more to do with the members than the crowd "letting it marinate "....and accepting and vibing with it. Man you guys make deadheads sound like spoiled little brats...it needs to marinate and vibe good and settle in...I'm pleased and grateful with anything they play for the most part. I'm not a king and them the peasant musicians having to please me on a silver platter with only the best songs...gimme a break, really. I do agree with the foolish heart comment...that was part band/ fan input on evolving into a gem !

I agree with you that a lot of deadheads have an "entitled" attitude and are ungrateful. But, I do not believe that simply not enjoying a song implies that someone is exhibiting that "entitled" behavior.

I personally love hearing about what turns other deadheads on and off! It goes to show how varied our tastes are and how spacious the dead catalog is, with the ability to appeal to so many people. God Bless the Grateful Dead!
Feel good music in your soul. Make your body want to Rock and Roll!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by arjanstar.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#49893 2 years, 11 months ago
7/6/95 is one of a small handful of bootleg shows that I actually purchaced
and it's a good one
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#49920 2 years, 11 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
7/6/95 is one of a small handful of bootleg shows that I actually purchaced
and it's a good one

Where were you able to purchase it as a cd? I'm able to stream it off archive but unable to download a burnable copy. I would love to purchase it as well as 7/8, 7/5, and 7/2. then i would have all the shows i attended (I already have 7/9).
The voices tell me what to say
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#49925 2 years, 11 months ago
Well, the title of the thread is "I'll admit it"

so I did:)

I like the song alright, but not every song is going to thrill everyone.

Paige

ps I don't meet people in stalls as you suggest we do.
Tacky
intothesun
Visitor

#49976 2 years, 11 months ago
Uh, no. I was not saying you meet people in stalls...We were talking about you peeing in a stall and thats where my mind stayed. I was simply saying see you at the stall sister like I'm going to do what you do and skip over to the bathrooms when the lines are short. But you blew it and now when they play Samba EVERYONE and thier mother will be hitting the bathroom cause you revealed your little trickaroo. Sorry you thought that. I dont like to be in a bathroom at most concert or festi for more than the time needed to relieve myself then get the fuck out...they are usually discusting. I could never imagine having sex in a bathroom...gross.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#49988 2 years, 11 months ago
I know your heart is in the right place and I accept your apology:)

(we might need to work on your delivery though, maybe reread your posts before you hit the submit button and think to yourself"How might this read to someone who can't hear my tone of voice or see my facial muscles". I think that is where we could become a bit more polished)

And I wasn't thinking of the s-word, I just don't socialize at all in that environment:)
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#50636 2 years, 11 months ago
I was generally disappointed in Vince's contribution to GD even though I was always a big Tubes fan. Maybe, given a few more years he would've really sparked up. Samba ....forget about it.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#222066 1 year, 7 months ago
Almost forgot about this thread, then someone mentioned Samba in the BROKEN ARROW thread, and you know what? I would love to see them pull this out over NYE run!
The voices tell me what to say
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#222125 1 year, 7 months ago
funky420 wrote:
Almost forgot about this thread, then someone mentioned Samba in the BROKEN ARROW thread, and you know what? I would love to see them pull this out over NYE run!

Personally I was never thrilled with Samba, but it looks like John K would do a good job on Long Way to Go Home

These are the good old days!!
Time to create page: 1.37 seconds