• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

I'll admit it

#49047 3 years, 2 months ago
Ok so I am listening to one of the few GD shows I was able to attend (7/6/95) and Samba in the Rain came on, and damn I like that song I don't care what the Vince haters say! I always liked his Baba O'Riley too so there!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, prasada
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: I'll admit it

#49049 3 years, 2 months ago
Well, then I'll just say "ick!", but I'm very glad you're enjoying yourself! ; )
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#49116 3 years, 2 months ago
I agree that Samba and Way To Go Home were pretty stiff. But I do wonder what might have happened if the GD had been allowed to go on. Vince had some solid input on the jams and it's possible that his songwriting might have opened up the more he'd been involved with that.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#49199 3 years, 2 months ago
if you like it, that's cool. but i'm with Sue on this one... "ick!!!" the new Furthur songs are generally much better than the "new" GD songs that were played in the mid 90s (with the exception of Days Between... i really liked that one). but Samba and Long Way to go Home were just horrible. i doubt that Furthur will ever play Samba or Long Way to Go Home (at least i hope not).

as for Baba O'Reilly, i really liked when the GD did it. Baba O'Reilly > Tomorrow Never Knows was a kick ass two song encore!
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by .
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#49434 3 years, 2 months ago
"Samba" is a good song. Unfortunately, it was introduced late. So, never could tell how good it should of / could of been.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#49503 3 years, 2 months ago
as for Baba O'Reilly, i really liked when the GD did it. Baba O'Reilly > Tomorrow Never Knows was a kick ass two song encore!
i second that emotion
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
intothesun
Visitor

#49652 3 years, 2 months ago
Samba "ick" ?? Way to go Home "ick"...wow. They were some of my favorite tunes played by the Dead. Sorry you can't appreciate them as I do to the MAX. Samba especially....jesus, your kidding right? What great harmonies on the vocals from Jerry, Phil, and bobby. Yeah vince wasnt the greatest , but those songs are the shit. I personally never liked baba ...only when the WHO play it...i even like Pearl jam's version better than the Dead. But samba and way 2 go Hme - what fun to dance to - im with you fully funky 420...sama in the rain is the frikin shiznitt on a biscuit !!
intothesun
Visitor

#49654 3 years, 2 months ago
Why do people keep saying.."never knew how samba could of turned out.". What?? It was perfect the day it first was played. It didnt need to evolve into something better...its a simple riff with a bangin ass samba bassline !!! Songs like LL rain and Jack Straw evolved and were changed in the actual structure of the songs until they were finally where they wee intended to be. Samba is not a complex song with many changes. What it could of become? What? Its a frikin golden tune that screams. FIESTA !!!!!!
intothesun
Visitor

#49656 3 years, 2 months ago
It's obvious these fools just don't know how to dance to a spanish groove of the samba. They are intimidated and are like...I'm gonna sit this one out and wait til truckin or friend of the devil...more in my comfort zone...If you don't like Samba in the Rain...YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DANCE AND BLAME THE SONG !!
intothesun
Visitor

#49657 3 years, 2 months ago
www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub...f8uTKdpNEWtxV5vCQUpg

What a sexy tune...i LOVE SAMBA...even solo ...awesome.

Now add Jerry , phil, bobby, micky, and BiLL....even more amazing !!!
Yall are triPPPINN
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds