• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: Tower Run Marathon on gdradio

#5309 3 years, 7 months ago
The difference with actual CD's and an audio stream is that one generation plastic disc purchased in the carpeted halls, provide a higher kb rate (and I do not mean KB) and ultimately is better sounding. CubMaster sez
Uncle John
Junior Boarder

#5312 3 years, 7 months ago
Cub: David Gans doesn't run GDRADIO
bobbyz
Fresh Boarder

#5338 3 years, 7 months ago
You Can't take It With you When Your Gone.

Live For Today!
Touch Of Grey
Junior Boarder

#5339 3 years, 7 months ago
I have never in my life seen so many Wendy-Whiners .. GET OVER IT!!! Move on !! me,me,me ,now,now,now tude... Pathetic
If you want it your way, go to Burger King!
Uncle John
Junior Boarder

#5342 3 years, 7 months ago
you tell 'em, Touch! LOL
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Uncle John.
vegeta_ban
Junior Boarder

#5385 3 years, 7 months ago
kilowatt wrote:
Just my $.02:
I'm a taper myself, and I personally have no problem with streaming our music live. I welcome it, in fact.
There are, however, other factors and other people involved, and Jill and I are in the minority on this one.
- Phil

Thanks very much for allowing us to do this, I always keep mine on the DownLow to keep any trouble for you from happening. That Tower Run was perfect, I can't wait to hear you again in the summer. Just loved that Just like Tom Thumbs Blues!!!!
"There's a dragon with matches that's loose on the town - Takes a whole pail of water just to cool him down"
Robert Hunter

"Entropy is the most powerful force of nature"
Bob Weir 2010-02-15
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#5392 3 years, 7 months ago
vegeta_ban wrote:
kilowatt wrote:
Just my $.02:
I'm a taper myself, and I personally have no problem with streaming our music live. I welcome it, in fact.
There are, however, other factors and other people involved, and Jill and I are in the minority on this one.
- Phil

Thanks very much for allowing us to do this, I always keep mine on the DownLow to keep any trouble for you from happening. That Tower Run was perfect, I can't wait to hear you again in the summer. Just loved that Just like Tom Thumbs Blues!!!!

+1

Thanks a lot Phil. Also thanks for letting us know it's not what you & Jill want. See you in Hampton with mom & dad again can't wait. 3 family affairs. 3 nights in a row.

Uncle John wrote:
Cub: David Gans doesn't run GDRADIO

that's great haha
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by lastleaffallen.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#5396 3 years, 7 months ago
I understand the logic and reasoning behind the move. I get it from a business perspetice the band has to protect itself and make sure it can make money. Same thing happened when Ben and Jerry's made Cherry Garcia.

My issue is that I;m totally convinced allowing GDRadio to play the shows actualyl helps PROMOTE the product. People can listen to the show, go 'thats an amazing show' and go by the SBD. If we dont get to hear it, we won't feel that itch. Additionally, it is certianly nice for those of us who can't go on tour to be able to really feel like a part of the festivies each night leading up to the few shows we do get to see.

BUT, in the end, we must respect the bands wishes. It is THEIR music. So, if I gotta wait for it to show up on archive, fine by me. Just wish theres a way to do what GDRAdio was doing without causing issues.
Chester
More or less in line

#5402 3 years, 7 months ago
I guess you have to respect the bands wishes. We have been spoiled with all the great music available so quickly.
I also believe what gdradio does is beneficial to the community, and the band. We will get by. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
upthecanyon
Fresh Boarder

#5434 3 years, 7 months ago
>>My issue is that I;m totally convinced allowing GDRadio to play the shows actualyl helps PROMOTE the product. People can listen to the show, go 'thats an amazing show' and go by the SBD.

It's a fine line, but it makes much more sense to stream an AUD recording than a SBD. A SBD is copyrighted material, and nobody is allowed to play copyrighted material for free, whether you own a radio station or a restaurant. If fans are willing to provide GDradio with the $$ needed to pay royalties and all the legal fees involved with ASCAP, then that might satisfy the band. But I highly doubt that's the case...
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#5437 3 years, 7 months ago
Tis why I hope GDRadio and John just get their hands on tapers AUD stuff, and start broadcasting that ASAP.

AND, i also hope taht on the 'four month'' anniversary of each show, he plays them. Talking inbetween tours when they arent shows, lets do a marathon of each run (CO, Boston, Tower, best Buy, RCMH, etc., etc)....
weirman
Fresh Boarder

#5464 3 years, 7 months ago
there are some AMAZING audience recordings of these shows out there, they sound so good that sometimes it's hard to even tell the difference
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds