• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
CoolCat Maximus
Fresh Boarder
I like to travel to India when I can and I meditat

Any word about Furthur Fest for this year?

#4795 3 years, 6 months ago
I had a great time there and i'm hoping to see it happen again. Is the venue ok about having us back? Did the band have fun there too? Any info is helpful...
Attachments:
comesatime
Junior Boarder

Re: Any word about Furthur Fest for this year?

#4797 3 years, 6 months ago
I'm hoping for a Berkeley Greek run this summer.
"........the band kept us so busy, we forgot about the time....."
FurthurFreak
Fresh Boarder

#4819 3 years, 6 months ago
Yea I'm bummed they haven't announced another Furthur Fest. They did such a good job with last years too! I drove all the way from Chicago for that fest! Such a good time! Now I'm super happy I went last year seeing as that could be the only one to ever happen! Hopefully not though...
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#4821 3 years, 6 months ago
I like the anticipation of not knowing what they may or may not do this summer, but it's time to start buying tix for other shows and I don't want to get 'em and then find out there is a Furthur show I want to see scheduled for the same date.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
sam2448
Junior Boarder

#4838 3 years, 6 months ago
i have a feeling the shoreline run is a replacement for furthur fest since the venue/town doesn't want them back.

if they want to bring the fest to the east coast, gelston castle in herkimer ny would be perfect...
CoolCat Maximus
Fresh Boarder
I like to travel to India when I can and I meditat

#5001 3 years, 6 months ago
Re: I'm hoping for a Berkeley Greek run this summer... I have to agree, i live in BerZerkeley and the Greek has always been fun for Dead shows... very 420 friendly!

Re: i have a feeling the shoreline run is a replacement for furthur fest... i'm afraid Sam may be right there.

If we can't go back to Happy Camp, How about Vegas baby! (just kidding) or maybe we should look at 420 friendly states... Someplace in Cali (northern ca only) or Hawaii? or a med-pot state like Mi... Hmmm maybe we should have it at the Berk Greek, lol
Sigmund the Seamonster
Junior Boarder

#5043 3 years, 6 months ago
sam2448 wrote:

if they want to bring the fest to the east coast, gelston castle in herkimer ny would be perfect...

No Doubt!!! Gelston Castle Fucking Rawked!!!!
furth2-353x-353x.jpg

cottie
Fresh Boarder

#5048 3 years, 6 months ago
Last year at mountain air in Calavaris county was the best!! ..I was hoping they would do that again this year..have to go to shorelne and hope they add more shows!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#5076 3 years, 6 months ago
SIGMUND--keen thoughts on gelston, it was a freakin blast!! so you may like to hear this then...the 2nd night of boston this tour i was talking to a random guy sitting in front of me about the previous tours we had done and we got to speaking about gelston castle, as herkimer ny is his home county. he relayed information to me that furthur has already had to go ahead through the county to secure 3 days at gelston this summer, as i guess they are/were planning 3 days. my only guess is this would be festival type camping--3 days in upstate ny...i also believe the moe festival is held there now so it is totally feasible...lets hope...i trekked across the country last year for the fest, a two hour drive this year would be fantastic!

**this is not 100% accurate** this was just a conversation with a fellow head who lives in that area---we can only hope it is true!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#5091 3 years, 6 months ago
As much as I'd like to minimize travel & would love them to play in my own backyard (& they'd be more than welcome to contact KOTO.org for a two day event in Telluride , I can see how having Furthur Fest always be close to their home is a good thing. Remember, there's a fairly decent sized extended family of musicians and friends & it's their home!

This is not to say it couldn't work elsewhere, but if what I alluded to above is a driving factor ... I am very much down with that.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds