• Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Dont Let Go

#47429 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Yes, but overall the song's a rocker and Bobby generally does well on those. There's bound to be some controversy, no matter who takes the lead. Jerry used to wail vocally on that tune and while JK has a strong voice I don't know that he has the sense of authority to scale the same emotional heights.

I could be wrong.

Love to see them try it.

i get what you are saying, and it is valid..and you are very right about the controversy no matter what because there is always something...but really, if they busted out "don't let go" and JK took the vocals, i don't think very many people would say "damn i wish bobby took vocals on that one" at the end

I'm sorry everyone but I dont get excited when Bobby play dear prudence. Leave it t John for don't let go.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#47441 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Yes, but overall the song's a rocker and Bobby generally does well on those. There's bound to be some controversy, no matter who takes the lead. Jerry used to wail vocally on that tune and while JK has a strong voice I don't know that he has the sense of authority to scale the same emotional heights.

I could be wrong.

Love to see them try it.

i get what you are saying, and it is valid..and you are very right about the controversy no matter what because there is always something...but really, if they busted out "don't let go" and JK took the vocals, i don't think very many people would say "damn i wish bobby took vocals on that one" at the end

Agreed.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#47444 2 years, 8 months ago
I love the song. And I wouldn't mind seeing Furthur cover it. Sure why not. But, lets not try and turn Bobby into Jerry,
just because we miss Jerry so much.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, SunshineSue, 23atwell
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#47538 2 years, 8 months ago
Awe shucks, I wouldn't stop for a million bucks...... Love that tune. For JK only
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#47540 2 years, 8 months ago
Everyone do the twist!!!! This would be fun.

neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#47541 2 years, 8 months ago
Now Im in a Jerry kind of mood.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#47544 2 years, 8 months ago
I've been thinking they could do a great job on this one, especially with such strong backing vocals now. I think either Bob or John could pull it off nicely. Heck, maybe even Phil.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#47545 2 years, 8 months ago
Why is it that every jerry tune sounds good to me? Lol. Heck yea with the run for the roses.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#47566 2 years, 8 months ago
The don't let go cd is really really great and the don't let go version and it's 17 minutes long.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#47609 2 years, 8 months ago
I have a feeling that Furthur will eventually get around to Run For The Roses. Feels like a natural to me.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds