• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

East Coast Winter Tour?

#47159 3 years, 1 month ago
Has anyone heard any rumors about a Furthur East Coast Winter Tour? After missing the Summer tour and no chance to do the upcomming West Coast swing I am in need of my next Furthur Fix. The best Christmas Present ever would be Furthur at MSG on NYE.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: East Coast Winter Tour?

#47160 3 years, 1 month ago
There's been a fairly strong rumor about eight nights at the Beacon much later this year but nothing definite.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Equinox.
Chester
More or less in line

#47161 3 years, 1 month ago
Pretty sure there will be a late fall tour. (November-ish) Lot's of rumours of Beacon runs, and even an MSG show. And I'll bet
they'll do something late winter. Maybe late feb. into march. But that last part is pure speculaton, based on experience.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#47165 3 years, 1 month ago
over on the zone I was reading rumors from 'insiders' of 2 more MSG shows but I would love a Beacon run - maybe winter 2012 like they did with Best Buy ?

I imagine the Beacon rumors came from some 'insiders' to, I first heard that at Jones Beach from somebody. who knows, last winter the rumor was a 16 night run at Best Buy at first
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#47166 3 years, 1 month ago
beacon is a crappy venue comfort wise,saw lots of shows there it is a small theater and the sound is good,bathrooms are crappy,MSG would be an easy ticket as its pretty big.not sure which id prefer a multi nite run at beacon,fewer seats of a 2 day run at msg easy seating more convenient set up,jsut me thinking out loud
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#47168 3 years, 1 month ago
is the Beacon GA?
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#47175 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
is the Beacon GA?

No.

And its been fixed up in the last couple years. Better sound and better ventilation
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#47183 3 years, 1 month ago
I will take the Magic of the Garden any day over the Beacon. My third show was MSG in 83 when Stephen came out of the Garden. I'm not saying I won't be thrilled with 9 nights at the Beacon but I still remember going to the magical nine night run at MSG in 1991. As Jerry said about MSG: "This Place is Juiced!"
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#47197 3 years, 1 month ago
Personally I prefer the smaller venues than MSG, but I welcome any shows. At MSG I find the best place to grove is the hallways, which is why I prefer the Nokia (best buy) or Beacon Theater. You can grove and see and hear the band. But anywhere in NYC area is great imo. Maybe they should do like they did with Jerry on Broadway years ago, find a show that is a flop and use that theater. By winter, spiderman will likely be dead from what I hear. Radio city is also a cool place to see them... better than MSG in my opinion.

I must admit, some of my favorite shows have been at MSG - thanks to Branford, rainforest benefits, 9 show runs, etc. It is amazing to see them at one place so many nights in a row...especially when they were hot (like now too). Plus GDTS.TOO was super kind to me the last tour at MSG - close floor seats both nights (and the guards on the floor are cool, smoking and groving is a-ok.

Chit, anywhere within a 7 or 8 hour drive from MSG is most welcome.

I will say MSG is convenient for me - 10 minutes from where I work. Same with Beacon, etc, I suppose.

I heard MSG is pretty solidly booked, not sure if that's true.

Dark Star Orchestra just announced two November shows at the Niokia / Best Buy theatre. I will hold off buying tix for those in hopes the real deal comes around. Also waiting for Bobby to reschedule his solo westbury show.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds