• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

Re: The music never stopped

#50069 2 years, 8 months ago
PennsylvaniaPete wrote:
Good movie. Just annoyed me the inaccuracy of The Grateful Dead playing a place as small as the Hammerstein Ballroom in the late 80s.

I felt the same way and a little teased by the repetitive songs they played and MNS never appeared in the film . It was ok a lil sappy but cool. Funny how the guy in the movie liked Cream, the band which really got me into rock music.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#50076 2 years, 8 months ago
I just rented it this weekend. I thought the begining of the movie was a little slow. But as soon as they went to the dead show the tears would not stop falling! And I was laughing too. I dont think a movie has ever done that to me. Two emotions at the same time. Laughing and crying. I guess I must have really connected with it. It is such a good movie but really sad.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#50100 2 years, 8 months ago
Is there obvious drug use or smoking in the movie? I almost watched it with my 13 year old daughter this weekend, but I decided not to. I suppose I am a big hypocrite, but I don't want her to realize that shows can be a drugfest. (Not yet anyway)
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#50106 2 years, 8 months ago
Slightly off topic? Bobby playing at Sundance in support of the movie the music never stopped. I can't wait for him to reschedule his solo tour. First time I heard this I had "Never Stop" stuck in my noggen for a couple of weeks. The Never Stop part starts ~ 5:20 in, and now it's stuck in my brain once more. Could be worse, eh?

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: calliopewail
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#50116 2 years, 8 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Is there obvious drug use or smoking in the movie? I almost watched it with my 13 year old daughter this weekend, but I decided not to. I suppose I am a big hypocrite, but I don't want her to realize that shows can be a drugfest. (Not yet anyway)

It is rated PG. There were some references. Like I remember the Dad telling the son he couldn't see the GD because of all tripped out people or something like that. And there may have been one part where the kid was smoking a joint. But I think all those references will go past her head. I think she will be touched by the story the movie has to offer.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Brian
Fresh Boarder

#50119 2 years, 8 months ago
Wanted to like it. Fair at best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muddy Das
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#91927 2 years, 4 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I just rented it this weekend. I thought the begining of the movie was a little slow. But as soon as they went to the dead show the tears would not stop falling! And I was laughing too. I dont think a movie has ever done that to me. Two emotions at the same time. Laughing and crying. I guess I must have really connected with it. It is such a good movie but really sad.

I love this movie. When you watched it, it did something to you didn't it? Its almost life changing in a way.
Hang your heart on laughing willow,
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#91952 2 years, 4 months ago
I finally got around to checking this one out and it was a good movie.
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds