• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

The music never stopped

#47151 2 years, 12 months ago
Has anybody seen this movie yet ? I see its at the Red box now. I think im going to pick it up on the way home from work.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: The music never stopped

#47157 2 years, 12 months ago
I saw it a couple days ago. Great movie. Very inspirational.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#47172 2 years, 12 months ago
I agree, great movie. I say watch it.
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#47176 2 years, 12 months ago
Good movie. Just annoyed me the inaccuracy of The Grateful Dead playing a place as small as the Hammerstein Ballroom in the late 80s.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
Chester
More or less in line

#47179 2 years, 12 months ago
PennsylvaniaPete wrote:
Good movie. Just annoyed me the inaccuracy of The Grateful Dead playing a place as small as the Hammerstein Ballroom in the late 80s.

Yeah. I though that was strange too. But, I can forgive an inaccuracy like that, with such a good movie.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#47181 2 years, 12 months ago
I have the soundtrack disc. Couple of otherwise unavailable Dead tracks.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#47193 2 years, 12 months ago
great tribute to our tribe!
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#47198 2 years, 12 months ago
Thx, looking forward to renting that. I had heard mixed reviews, but the trailer looks great.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#47199 2 years, 12 months ago
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#50047 2 years, 11 months ago
Just watched the movie on DVD. Inaccuracies aside it was a very touching story.

themusicneverstopped-movie.com/
""The Music Never Stopped," based on the case study "The Last Hippie" by Dr. Oliver Sacks, M.D. ("Awakenings"), chronicles the journey of a father and son adjusting to cerebral trauma and a lifetime of missed opportunities. Through the music that embodied the generation gap of the 1960s, the film weaves the heartwarming progress of Henry and Gabriel's relationship.

In 1967, after his father Henry Sawyer (J.K. Simmons) forbids him to see a Grateful Dead concert, prodigal son Gabriel Sawyer (Lou Taylor Pucci) runs away from home. Nearly twenty years later, Henry, a straight-laced engineer and lover of big band music, is shocked to learn that his estranged son requires major surgery to remove a previously neglected brain tumor.

After the operation, the extent of Gabriel's condition is made clear: the tumor damaged the part of his brain that facilitates the creation of new memories. For Gabriel, past, present, and future become indistinguishable, and he lives fixed in the era of Vietnam, acid trips, and psychedelic music. Determined not to let their son slip away from them again, Henry and wife Helen (Cara Seymour) vow to connect with Gabriel, who is barely able to communicate effectively. Unhappy with Gabriel's lack of progress, Henry does his own research on brain injuries, which leads him to Dr. Dianne Daly (Julia Ormond). She is a music therapist who has used her methods to make significant progress with victims of brain tumors.

As Diane works with Gabriel, she realizes that he is most responsive to the music of the Rock and Roll era - The Beatles, Bob Dylan, and particularly the Grateful Dead. Even though he is unaware that the era of his music has long passed, the effect is remarkable, and he begins to be able to have conversations and express himself. Although Henry loathes rock and roll, he is determined to forge new memories and salvage his relationship with his son. While his own health fails, Henry begins his own pilgrimage through the bands of the sixties. As he learns the songs that animate his son's soul, he indeed begins to form an unusual but emotionally vibrant bond with the child he thought he had lost."
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds