• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Alpharetta Tom Thumb's, but WTF with Mission?

#47137 3 years, 2 months ago
That Tom Thumb's Blues from Georgia kicks some serious butt! Just saying....
Mission vocals kill! literally. OUCH
I guess I should listen to the whole show, but boy that Tom Thumb's was tight!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Alpharetta Tom Thumb's, but WTF with Mission?

#47139 3 years, 2 months ago
This time I've got to disagree strongly with you on the Mission, Bakes. I struggled the first time I heard it, but I think that last one was absolutely transcendent. Completely blew me away. The whole show was a magical experience for me, and I wasn't even there. : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, neverstop66, ColoradoRain, edheadwharfrat, DeadHead420
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#47142 3 years, 2 months ago
yea skip it (at home) or take a pee break (at show) if you don't like it cause theres plenty of us who do .....

not trying to be offensive, just sayin
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#47143 3 years, 2 months ago
I love Furthur. I've been listening to the GD since 1980. Mission hurts my fucking ears. I'm just calling the great with the bad. Tom Thumb's was great, but oh Mission. It was better, but it should be dropped. You can hear all the chatter during Mission, it is just so flat. I respect your opinion, but I just do not see it as anything to look forward to.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Bakes. Reason: Like poking a dead chicken with a stick
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#47146 3 years, 2 months ago
I agree with Sue and Mushroom. We are certainly all entitled to our own opinions. I agree with Bob's opinion that he sounds good singing this song in his own special style.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ColoradoRain
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#47171 3 years, 2 months ago
Jerry isn't around anymore. If you want to hear him sing it, listen to some tapes.

Otherwise Bobby puts on a pretty magical version in my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, edheadwharfrat
Chester
More or less in line

#47177 3 years, 2 months ago
It's a beautiful song, that Jerry sang with a lot of soul and emotion. Bobby's voice isn't the same as Jerry's, and that's ok.
I think Bobby really likes that song, and when he sings it, I can hear the emotion in his voice. I love that they play it. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edheadwharfrat, SunshineSue
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#47250 3 years, 2 months ago
I think opinions are good. That being said.

This is Furthur not the grateful dead. Bobby sounds good singing Jerry songs. I thought that mission sounded great very heartfelt ( my opinion) . The other thing that everybody calls jk the fake jerry. I don't think he asked to be in furthur. Furthur asked him. I just think he's being who jk is. People perciave him as fake jerry because of dso and how they recreate gd shows. Furthur is there own band who plays gd music and I love them and I love bobby voice and guitar playing
GOOD LOVE
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#47254 3 years, 2 months ago
If I had my way....it would be JK singing Mission....

But I thought BW did is justice. He certainly should have first crack at the catologue...Most of all I"m glad they've opened the JGB chapter!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#47279 3 years, 2 months ago
i'm actually listening to that show now...the tom thumbs was great, phil lovin it....i'm neutral on the mission...weir definitely shatnerizes it but it's not bad...phil doesn't do the little bass line before the verse kicks in....i think the best part of the song is the backup vocals and chimentis solo is silly good
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds