• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

Re: What would our beloved Jerry Garcia say?

#4866 3 years, 7 months ago
Jerry, brett and pigpen are all jammin' in a better place than we!
guerdon
Fresh Boarder

#4867 3 years, 7 months ago
He Might say "Where the hell is Bill and Micky?" heheheh
guerdon
Fresh Boarder

#4871 3 years, 7 months ago
(@ irishqueenie) Geeze I hope Vince isn't there! Messing the Jam up...
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by guerdon.
Chester
More or less in line

#4872 3 years, 7 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
Jerry, brett and pigpen are all jammin' in a better place than we!

And hanging with Owsley and Kesey, in a heavenly Acid Test! : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#4873 3 years, 7 months ago
guerdon-------lol too funny! so right!
starlite
Junior Boarder

#4890 3 years, 7 months ago
I believe he would as well, be saying the exact words again in Standing On the Moon but worse. And trying to hol don like many of us who can not believe all we have seen since the 80's and build up before. And if I was 20 today, I would still choose humans, my voice and activism rather than cyper-disconnect-space 24/7 like it has become.
But keep dancing through it the best he could. The best I can and those who see clearly.
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#4902 3 years, 7 months ago
"Fuck em if they can't take a joke"
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Brooklyn Jimmy.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#4914 3 years, 7 months ago
a coworker knew I liked history books, so he gave me the secodn volume of the biograpghy on Elvis. I gotta say- their stories were nearly identical in their life story. THey became famous, got hooked on a drug(s), became so famous they wanted to die to escape that fame, and they died relatively early. The last few years of Elvis' life, many people were looking at him and saying "there's nothing to do but die at this point". Same with Jerry. 1995 was a train wreck. 1994 was a train wreck.

So my response is this: if he had't died when he did, he would have died soon thereafter from something else. The burden of being Jerry Garcia, Elvis, etc etc is just too much. They hide in self destructive darkness, and find an early grave.

But I just listened to the recent Furthur 12/30/10 show, I was there but this is the first time I heard it again, and it rocks. John's parts are spot on, with that powerfully expressive phrasing that Garcia used to make the Dead (etc) shine... and the band rocked it. I never listen to anything post Dead- why? But after listening to that show, I am determined to listen to it much much more.... That said, I think he'd be very proud of Furthur.

God bless Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooklyn Jimmy
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#4951 3 years, 7 months ago
Definatly is a weird question because if Jerry was hear, they'd still be the GD. Though, my guess is that things were getting so bad that at some point they would have to split off....

Anyhow, I think he'd be definatly pleased the message is still being sent out, and the scene seems ot be back under control and behaving itself. He'd defiantly be happy that Phil and Bobby are still working together. Though I wonder what his opinion of JK would be????

Funny someone mentioned Pgpen! I was just thinkign today about what he woudl think about the current state of GD music. I cant imagine he'd ever beleive itd still be so well loved these many years later!
wacky tabacky
Fresh Boarder

#4953 3 years, 7 months ago
I love you guys. Take care of yourselves. I'll see ya around.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds