• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

Re: Who controls the volume?

#46923 3 years ago
Anyone notice the expression pedals on the floor right by the soundboard. I don't know if Furthur has them but I've seen pictures of the soundboard in later years of GD and always wondered what they were for?
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#46928 3 years ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Last tour (spring) I thought Bobby's mic/guitar were low but this tour I though everything sounded great.

in Mansfield I was way over to John's side and in the 2nd section back, the sound there wasn't as good because of my spot in the venue. I was thinking the same thing about people talking and doing their "wooo hooos" right during the more quiet parts of Estimated Prophet --- damn people. Screaming "woo hoo" and trying to make yourself heard dosn't make you any bigger or better of a fan, if anything it shows how drunk you are and that you arn't even much into the music...... and I'm not talking about the occasional yelling or whatever, some people are just so annoying during the quiet parts.

I totally agree. I mean a woohoo, or a quick exchange of a couple words is coool (at the right times), but people screamin the whole show, and scream-talkin all drunk n whatnot to the people around you is exceptionally obnoxious. Also, yelling "FREEEEBIIIRD" at a Furthur show is more than acceptable. hahahahaha You can tell these people arent reeeeaaaaalllly there for the tunes, but jus to act foolish n ridiculous. Ive only drank for one show, which was ZiggyMarley, n i couldnt walk out without hangin on to my brother, and now i dont drink for shows at all. The point of some substances is to enhance the music n the experience, n alcohol MOST DEFINITELY doesnt do that. Only smoked for Shoreline and had the most amazing time. =-) hehehe, if i get stuck next to one of these people during w.coast tour, im jus start dry humpin them wit my platypenis. Thats bound to get some results. mwahahahaha lol =-)
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#47100 3 years ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
Last tour (spring) I thought Bobby's mic/guitar were low but this tour I though everything sounded great.

in Mansfield I was way over to John's side and in the 2nd section back, the sound there wasn't as good because of my spot in the venue. I was thinking the same thing about people talking and doing their "wooo hooos" right during the more quiet parts of Estimated Prophet --- damn people. Screaming "woo hoo" and trying to make yourself heard dosn't make you any bigger or better of a fan, if anything it shows how drunk you are and that you arn't even much into the music...... and I'm not talking about the occasional yelling or whatever, some people are just so annoying during the quiet parts.

I totally agree. I mean a woohoo, or a quick exchange of a couple words is coool (at the right times), but people screamin the whole show, and scream-talkin all drunk n whatnot to the people around you is exceptionally obnoxious. Also, yelling "FREEEEBIIIRD" at a Furthur show is more than acceptable. hahahahaha You can tell these people arent reeeeaaaaalllly there for the tunes, but jus to act foolish n ridiculous. Ive only drank for one show, which was ZiggyMarley, n i couldnt walk out without hangin on to my brother, and now i dont drink for shows at all. The point of some substances is to enhance the music n the experience, n alcohol MOST DEFINITELY doesnt do that. Only smoked for Shoreline and had the most amazing time. =-) hehehe, if i get stuck next to one of these people during w.coast tour, im jus start dry humpin them wit my platypenis. Thats bound to get some results. mwahahahaha lol =-)

I yell 'Freebird' at every show I ever go to and yet to no avail...
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#47111 3 years ago
Here is my two bits: The sound in Section B LEFT at Mann was low and muffled. I don't like to complain but it made the experience kinda lacking. BUT it was too hot to complain.... You know I am just amazed to be enjoying these songs again!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#47118 3 years ago
Big Ralph wrote:
Here is my two bits: The sound in Section B LEFT at Mann was low and muffled. I don't like to complain but it made the experience kinda lacking. BUT it was too hot to complain.... You know I am just amazed to be enjoying these songs again!

section A center was sounding GREAT!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#47174 3 years ago
The lawn at Bethel was WAY too soft. Back of the pavilion at Mann was perfect.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#47228 3 years ago
anyone notice the volume seems to be louder for the second set than for the first? im to young to have seen the GD in the grateful years, has it always been this way? or is it my imagination? it seems to me the second set is louder, and the volume is a bit louder when they get into a really good intense jam, so it could just be in my head that it seems louder due to the intensity of the music, since the second set tends to be where they really go in deep.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#47232 3 years ago
[quote=...I yell 'Freebird' at every show I ever go to and yet to no avail...:([/quote]

Yell it at a Lynyrd Skynyrd show and I guarantee you it will produce results.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#47302 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
Big Ralph wrote:

section A center was sounding GREAT!!

as it was in B center...we were a couple rows behind the board and they had it dialed...the shed is a little boom-y though
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#47738 3 years ago
DL1943 wrote:
anyone notice the volume seems to be louder for the second set than for the first? im to young to have seen the GD in the grateful years, has it always been this way? or is it my imagination? it seems to me the second set is louder, and the volume is a bit louder when they get into a really good intense jam, so it could just be in my head that it seems louder due to the intensity of the music, since the second set tends to be where they really go in deep.

Agree.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds