• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

Who controls the volume?

#46849 2 years, 12 months ago
Does the band or venue determine the volume? I seem to always think it's not loud enough. Raleigh in particular this tour. I don't want to hear the people beside me talking, I want to hear the music so loud that that's all I can hear! What's a girl gotta do to get it turned up?!?!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

Re: Who controls the volume?

#46852 2 years, 12 months ago
I think he does:

Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by FaceOnMars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#46853 2 years, 12 months ago
Well a little bit of both, the way you hear sound in the venue also depends on the way the venue is built and where you are sitting. The sound engineer at the soundboard has control over all of the bands mics and the house volume too i believe. So it could also be the venue its self and the acoustics of it that effects the way you hear the band. But also i do feel they sometimes need to crank the mics up alittle more!
intothesun
Visitor

#46857 2 years, 12 months ago
Whats a guy gotta do? i think aliens or oompa lumpas control it..maybe a human
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46861 2 years, 12 months ago
FaceOnMars wrote:
I think he does:

NO SOUP FOR YOU! NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#46868 2 years, 12 months ago
I have felt the same way in the past but I thought it was noticeably louder this tour where you had to yell at the person next to you to say something. I guess it is about where you are cuz I thought Raleigh was loud but I've heard other people say they were bothered by city noises.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#46903 2 years, 12 months ago
the sound man controls the volume
some venues that are close to populated areas have noise restrictions and can only be so loud
back in 94 after thr GD got rid of dan healy there were a lot of complaints about john cutler( healy's replacement) needing to turn the volume up
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#46905 2 years, 12 months ago
everyone knows the best way to listen to the dead is as loud as you possibly can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, sidemouse, jbeach12078
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#46907 2 years, 12 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
I have felt the same way in the past but I thought it was noticeably louder this tour where you had to yell at the person next to you to say something. I guess it is about where you are cuz I thought Raleigh was loud but I've heard other people say they were bothered by city noises.

At Raleigh, the volume was actually louder in the back of the lawn at the Wharf Rats table then it was at lots of other spots I checked out during the show, so it does matter where you are, not necessarily how close, either. Remember the trains that went by during the first set? They were loud!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#46908 2 years, 12 months ago
Last tour (spring) I thought Bobby's mic/guitar were low but this tour I though everything sounded great.

in Mansfield I was way over to John's side and in the 2nd section back, the sound there wasn't as good because of my spot in the venue. I was thinking the same thing about people talking and doing their "wooo hooos" right during the more quiet parts of Estimated Prophet --- damn people. Screaming "woo hoo" and trying to make yourself heard dosn't make you any bigger or better of a fan, if anything it shows how drunk you are and that you arn't even much into the music...... and I'm not talking about the occasional yelling or whatever, some people are just so annoying during the quiet parts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds