• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Phish at Hollyood Bowl

#46825 3 years ago
Buddy just called me an said he got us tix for the Phish show on Monday at the Bowl, not really a big fan of most of their music but I've seen em live once and they completely blew me away, so I'm hoping for a repeat. Anyone else makin it out?
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: Phish at Hollyood Bowl

#47972 3 years ago
I had no idea they wre playing out here tonight.... too bad. I wish I saw this thread a day earlier....

I guess this shows just how much I follow things re: The Fish.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#48063 3 years ago
Man I try hard I really do but that band just annoys the crap outta me. As much a talent as there clearly is there, all that Wilson and Bouncing Around the Room and stuff is just WAAY to campy. And vacuum cleaner hoses and trampolines and.... huh?

intothesun
Visitor

#48078 3 years ago
Trust me, i love this band and i know how they operate. They are going to play awesome in hollywood. they are going to keep it funky funky funky. Thats how they'll work that hollywood crowd. 2001 and then play some real sweet stuff like squirming coil and maybe some reggae riffs like MAKASUPA !!!!! Cali loves reggae. And they love stevie wonder...boogie on down reggae womn. They wont be full blown goofy with wilson and vacumme cleaners. Dont wanna scare the sunset strip crowd
intothesun
Visitor

#48079 3 years ago
looks like i was wrong, they just said phuck it and played a great show balls out. and played wilson . lol

www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub...TgAgGaAyhD6wh5EtmMFA
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#48088 3 years ago
I just returned from the Phish shows at the Gorge yesterday and came to this conclusion during the time I was there.

Phish = Great party, stay for the music.
Dead = Great music, stay for the party.

Keep in mind, I have seen Phish numerous times since 94 and finally came to this conclusion. They sound VERY different now than they did in 94.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#48299 3 years ago
Yeah they killed it last night, wish someone would have made it out I had to tack my miracle to a tree, couldn't find anyone without a ticket (weird). They played Quinn the Eskimo as one of their closers and kept it funky as can be all night long!
Love you Jerry!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#48300 3 years ago
iamthedoor wrote:
Yeah they killed it last night, wish someone would have made it out I had to tack my miracle to a tree, couldn't find anyone without a ticket (weird). They played Quinn the Eskimo as one of their closers and kept it funky as can be all night long!
Love you Jerry!

Man, i shoulda gone. lol. =-/ Was checkin out some videos of it earlier.
nastero
Junior Boarder

#48327 3 years ago
I went last night as well, it was the first time I'd seen them live in 16 years (mostly because my first experience was a bit shitty and then because they went on hiatus and rarely made out this way).

I have to say, I was blown away.

The crowd still wasn't my cup o' tea, but it certainly was a lot phriendlier than the last. The music, on the other hand, was incendiary and inspired, at least to my ears. I've read a few reviews that felt the first set was a bit "standard" but for my money they explored just enough while still keeping it funky. I swear I claimed each of the last 3 or 4 songs of the first set were going to be set closers with how smokin' they were . It also didn't hurt that they played a ton of tunes that I was itching to hear (most notably Axilla and Cross-eyed and Painless).

I had a great time and if that is what can be expected, I'll definitely find my way back to another show when the opportunity arises.
Time to create page: 0.87 seconds