• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

school books

#46465 3 years, 2 months ago
had to get my wifes school books for second year of school just spent 550 on amazon ,saved 200-300 over the school bookstore ,got one more semester of books after this,WHAT A RACKET 200 FOR A BOOK
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

Re: school books

#46475 3 years, 2 months ago
yeah and too bad they will only offer to buy that $200 book back for $50 if your lucky-
have you ever used half.com?? they saved me 2 semesters ago- paid $40 for my CJ book - even used at the bookstore was almost $200- you said it right what a racket!!!!!!!!!!!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46481 3 years, 2 months ago
yeah we dont sell em back there are all medical books so they are good reference for her never checked 1/2 .com amazon is pretty good if they dont have it they send to someone who does we saved alot off the "normal price " we even got new for used prices .shes gets good grades honor roll both semesters last year so i consider it an investment.hell i paid for everything up till now she can take care of me when she gets her new job,got my new mri back5 bulging,herniated discs with nerve impingments,c2 thru c7 and L4 thru S1 ohh joy
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#46484 3 years, 2 months ago
yeah, maybe i should get into the used book business...

i once sold all my semesters worth of college books to fund a mini run of shows by myself
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
mountainjam28
Junior Boarder
Enjoying the ride...

#46493 3 years, 2 months ago
I feel your pain... I just spent $1500 today on textbooks. Could have bought more Furthur tickets with that!!!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46511 3 years, 2 months ago
mountainjam28 wrote:
I feel your pain... I just spent $1500 today on textbooks. Could have bought more Furthur tickets with that!!!!
we get the book list all the numbers and go to amazon you can get any textbook and they are way cheaper than the school bookstore look into it
mountainjam28
Junior Boarder
Enjoying the ride...

#46531 3 years, 2 months ago
I usually check Amazon but the school makes us order through their company. The prices aren't too bad on there but I needed 22 books so they added up pretty quick. I should get about a third of it if I sell them all back.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46537 3 years, 2 months ago
making you order thru them NOW THAT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE A RACKET
mountainjam28
Junior Boarder
Enjoying the ride...

#46552 3 years, 2 months ago
I know!! its total crap! wish I could fight it but I don't have a choice... bummer.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#46801 3 years, 1 month ago
Wow. Reading this really reminds me of how good it felt to get out of college. I mean, things weren't great; I had a crummy job, lots of nights and weekends. But compared to the game of higher education things felt so much more straightforward and clear cut. I'm glad I got the education I got, of course, but after I graduated it felt like my life was finally opening up.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds