• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

Re: Now that tour is over

#46440 2 years, 8 months ago
killwhyT wrote:
I've got double live bootleg on vinyl and it is a statement to the band that used to be. They have sucked ever since they returned to the scene with Permanent Vacations.

Well, I just saw them play in 2010 - again - as I have been doing for 37 years. Still the same 5 guys that began together 41 years ago. Sure, an argument can be made that their new music (of the past 25 years sucks), that they (Tyler especially) are sellouts (American Idol which I have never even seen) and that they are in it only for the money.

Myself, I don't deny this point of view or even try and counter argue.

However, I am just mighty glad and thankful that they are all 5 still alive and playing together. And, if you think they don't rock still, you need to go to a show and find out for yourself.

If it is simply a matter of what IS and IS NOT considered cool, you win. I don't care about what's considered cool anymore.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46443 2 years, 8 months ago
i dont know i saw them at the end when they were messed up big time on heroin ted nugent was opening act when he still did the loin cloth bit swinging from the stacks of marshall amps,anyway aerosmith was horrible out of tune obviously messed up/high ,shouldnt have been on stage .saw them again after they all rehabed and they were awesome so inho yhe older songs rock but once the drugs took hold in the bands words" we were drug addicts who dabbled with music as opposed to muscians who dabbled with drugs"
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#46456 2 years, 8 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i dont know i saw them at the end when they were messed up big time on heroin ted nugent was opening act when he still did the loin cloth bit swinging from the stacks of marshall amps,anyway aerosmith was horrible out of tune obviously messed up/high ,shouldnt have been on stage .saw them again after they all rehabed and they were awesome so inho yhe older songs rock but once the drugs took hold in the bands words" we were drug addicts who dabbled with music as opposed to muscians who dabbled with drugs"

I don't disagree with you either. Most every Aerosmith show I saw in the 70s was disappointing because they were too F'ed up. But, I was young then and thrilled to be there anyway. Where I was in 1974, Aerosmith was eveything in high schools that year. No one (my age) talked about the GD (who were about to take a prolonged break that largely continued through my high school years).

Meanwhile, Joe Perry acknowledges the many awful 1970s era Aerosmith shows that they stumbled through and continues to thank the fans for keeping with them through it all.

As you say, now that they are cleaner today... I mean, they can only play their instruments better after all these years.

But, all in all, I don't disagree with you either. Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. NP
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#46458 2 years, 8 months ago
I'll weigh in. I have been seein em 32 years....damn stuart your old ...that said no doubt the first four albums are the shiznit. I also saw em with Dufay & Crespo and it was one of the best shows I ever saw. Pat Travers opened up and rocked the house. I should note we made a last minute (morning of) show decision to go. Took my Dads binoculars cause I though we were gonna be miles away but we walk into a "glorified" college gym and walked right up to the front row. We got on the bus before Travers. Now this may seem odd but if you read Tylers book he is very friendly to the bus. Anyway could right a book on that night but here's the best part. It was apparent from the start that Tyler was massively fucked up. After the 3rd song he took a header and passed out no more than 15 feet from us. They -literally- drag him off by his feet and a 45 minute drun solo followed. Finally a rejuvinated like Superman ( just a lil pin prick) came running back onstage and they played their 1st 2 albums almost straight through and it was fucikin rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saw em again when Perry came back a few times and the shows were still smokin. Then it happened. Tyler got sober--and I went to a show at the Spectrum in 89 that I nearly walked out of. A bunch of lame ballads plus a couple standards ( Wlk this way....) - they had lost their MOJO the show sucked & i vowed never to go back I didn't want my memories of the band to be tainted by this shit. Get the flames out sorry but its not rock and roll with a bunch a sober guys-- especially this band. I like my rock stars partyin and gettin down. How can you have sex, drugs, and rock and roll without the drugs-- especially for a band of fiends. FF the friend I attended with never got off the Aerosmith bus he kept the faith. He called me about 4-5 years ago and says DUDE THEY ARE BACK!!! & told me about the old school setlist he had just seen. NOw reading the book I understand why...Steven was back on drugs (painkillers mostly) and rockin. He claims to be sober since sometime in 2009 ... hmmmm.....anyway before we're all pushing up daisies I am goin to ck em out next time around. If they can keep Angel, Cryin & I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing off the setlist I would be most appreciative. Those songs are NOT the Aerosmith I loved. Still back in the day man could these guys rock.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#46460 2 years, 8 months ago
For those who don't know or weren't even alive yet here's what I/We are talkin about Aerosmith at the Cap Center 12/77

This is rock n roll............. musta been somethin in the air in 77? .............

look out for the second set of lyrics around the 1:20 mark.... its awesome
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46468 2 years, 8 months ago
the "TOXIC TWINS" nuff said
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#46471 2 years, 8 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
For those who don't know or weren't even alive yet here's what I/We are talkin about Aerosmith at the Cap Center 12/77

This is rock n roll............. musta been somethin in the air in 77? .............

look out for the second set of lyrics around the 1:20 mark.... its awesome

Thanks for putting this up Sunshine. Rock and Roll Motherfuckers! (no offense meant to anyone) Coincidentlly, I was at this show. I grew up 15 minutes from the old Capital Centre (Landover/Largo) in Bladensburg, Prince George's County Maryland.

I was 18 years old that night.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#46480 2 years, 8 months ago
Hey Stu did you catch the lyric change? LOL
That clip should be in the rock and roll hall of fame.
Kinda reminded me of some other 30'ish guitar player runnin around & Bouncin around the stage.....during Sugar Mag..or fill in the blank.

Reminds me of the old adage: Cocaine is a helluva drug!!!l

Now one other thing - you can only call me sunshine if you buy me dinner first.....

Actually you can call me Ray..You can call me Me Jay ..You can call me Ray Jay...You can call me Ray Jay Jay Jr...but ya doesn't have to call me Sunshine.... ........Walk or Scott will do !
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#46489 2 years, 8 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
...but ya doesn't have to call me Sunshine.... ........

NP man, to simplify for me I'll stick with man. Sorry.
ScarlettStar
Fresh Boarder

#46492 2 years, 8 months ago
I love....LOVE Aerosmith. When I wasn't going to see The Boys, I was at an Aerosmith show. I love me some Joe Perry. Not only do I love their music (the older stuff is wayyyyy better) but I have the biggest crush on Joe Perry. I just love him so much. My friends for my 40th b-day got me tickets at Jones Beach (favorite venue EVER!) real close to the stage. Just so I could be that close to him, just once.

My favorite all time song is "Mamma Kin" and "Draw the Line" From the newer stuff, I love the song "Pink".

I joke that I want to be in a toxic twin sammich. But ya know, these days, I'm a little miffed with Steven. I really think it was a bad career move to go to AI. I loathe that show and blame it on what's wrong with the newer music these days and for him to go on it just broke my heart.
In the strangest of places you get shown the light.
Time to create page: 3.73 seconds