• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
intothesun
Visitor

Re: the NEW Furthur play Kokomo Thread =-)

#45802 3 years, 1 month ago
What are you mentioning Abbey Road for...were talkin The Beach Boys...California gold surf riff jumpin around music. Why are you talkin about the British invasion?
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#45803 3 years, 1 month ago
FaceOnMars wrote:
Might be alright, but could think of a couple dozen other Beach Boys' songs I'd rather hear ... especially since Brian was effectively excluded from Kokomo. Sloop John B might be interesting!

But if you must, I'll offer up the following:

........ARE YOU ON DRUGS????!!!!?????!!!!! ahahhahahaha. nevermind. We all are.....but are you on something i dont know about...that is the worst song ive ever heard, including my horrible birthday song toy soldier by martika or whatever its called. hahahhahaha. Im stickin wit my song. KOKOMO.......KOKOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...kokomo. hahahaha Not only do i love that song, but i think furthur could do something magical with it. DEAD serious hahahah. Ima be stayin up tnight n lookin for a shootin star, ripped out a couple o my eyelashes, n held my breath thru a tunnel for this song. HAHAHAHAHAHA FURTHUR KOKOMO 2011. PLEASE INVITE ME UP ON STAGE TO DANCE AS THE PLATYFREAK, N PLAY KOKOMO!!!!!! I recommend havin medics on alert for i might die of pure enjoyment. hahahah
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#45804 3 years, 1 month ago
intothesun wrote:

ok kokomo and ghostbusters, yeah we would like to hear em...i think its more realistic that they would play this cover tune by the Beach Boys. The song structure is just like that of a blues rock song like Promised Land , Around and Around, and johnny b goode. Being that they are chuck berry songs that came out around the same exact time as many beach boy hits. Bobby would have so much fun with it and phil would kill the vocals...they would all sound great, even jeff could have some fun screamin on the keys. I'm sure you'd rather hear aruba , jamaica, oh i want to take ya....but this would be a very possible song cover they might be more apt to do. Agree? "Inside outside USA............oooohhh ooo oooooooo!!!! "

Agree to disagree. KOKOMO KOKOMO KOKOMO KOKOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha =-)
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#45807 3 years, 1 month ago
intothesun wrote:
What are you mentioning Abbey Road for...were talkin The Beach Boys...California gold surf riff jumpin around music. Why are you talkin about the British invasion?

Just saying they don't necessarily have to be constrained to Chuck Berry type covers. I get around has potential, so too does Good Vibrations. As far as more classic surfer songs go: I'd vote for "California Girls". God Only Knows might be a nice ballad, but think they can really open up Sloop John B in a psychedelic way which also moves along:

SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#45809 3 years, 1 month ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
........ARE YOU ON DRUGS????!!!!?????!!!!! ahahhahahaha. nevermind. We all are.....but are you on something i dont know about...that is the worst song ive ever heard, including my horrible birthday song toy soldier by martika or whatever its called. hahahhahaha.

Hey, that song is a classic- I still knew every word! And think how Furthur could jam out on that groovy minor bridge! Besides, they made enough money singing at that competition to buy Mrs. Brady her Mother's Day present, so show some respect. ; )
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder

#45811 3 years, 1 month ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
........ARE YOU ON DRUGS????!!!!?????!!!!! ahahhahahaha. nevermind. We all are.....but are you on something i dont know about...that is the worst song ive ever heard, including my horrible birthday song toy soldier by martika or whatever its called. hahahhahaha. Im stickin wit my song. KOKOMO.......KOKOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...kokomo. hahahaha Not only do i love that song, but i think furthur could do something magical with it. DEAD serious hahahah. Ima be stayin up tnight n lookin for a shootin star, ripped out a couple o my eyelashes, n held my breath thru a tunnel for this song. HAHAHAHAHAHA FURTHUR KOKOMO 2011. PLEASE INVITE ME UP ON STAGE TO DANCE AS THE PLATYFREAK, N PLAY KOKOMO!!!!!! I recommend havin medics on alert for i might die of pure enjoyment. hahahah

No, not at the moment ... lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#45812 3 years, 1 month ago

So far all your recommendations have been CRAP.....JUUUSSS KIDDDING. lol. =-) =-) =-)

I do like my idea of Kokomo best, n also this tune. They should get adam sandler to get up n cry-sing this song with em( If ya dont know, that was referring to 50 first dates.) hehehehe
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#45813 3 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:
........ARE YOU ON DRUGS????!!!!?????!!!!! ahahhahahaha. nevermind. We all are.....but are you on something i dont know about...that is the worst song ive ever heard, including my horrible birthday song toy soldier by martika or whatever its called. hahahhahaha.

Hey, that song is a classic- I still knew every word! And think how Furthur could jam out on that groovy minor bridge! Besides, they made enough money singing at that competition to buy Mrs. Brady her Mother's Day present, so show some respect. ; )

Im sorry okay. =*-( *DH420 silently sobbing in corner*

hahahahhahaha
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder

#45816 3 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:

There now ... it's settled, thanks Sue!

Yeah, I think they'd just maybe need to leave that last line (The summer sun is calling my nay yay yame) until after they come out of the minor bridge jam ... since that last lyric seems to resolve back up to the major chord progression.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder

#45817 3 years, 1 month ago
DeadHead420 wrote:

So far all your recommendations have been CRAP.....JUUUSSS KIDDDING. lol. =-) =-) =-)

I do like my idea of Kokomo best, n also this tune. They should get adam sandler to get up n cry-sing this song with em( If ya dont know, that was referring to 50 first dates.) hehehehe

All of our suggestions are still bumping your thread and keeping the title in plain view of the powers that be ... I'm just hoping they'll read through it and say "yeah, there's something to that Brady Bunch song!".
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds