• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

the NEW Furthur play Kokomo Thread =-)

#45747 3 years ago

There arent words to describe how excited id be to hear furthur play this tune. hahahahaha. Soooooo please please please a thousand times if any of you guys read this, PLAY KOKOMO!!! =-) =-P =-) =-P Man itd be so sick. Twould mos definitely blow my mind. Maybe like a Reuben-kokomo-goodlovin.............lol. So, if anybody supports this idea post for support. =-) We'll get there fast n thn we'll take it slooooow.....=-)
Last Edit: 3 years ago by DeadHead420.
intothesun
Visitor

Re: the NEW Furthur play Kokomo Thread =-)

#45750 3 years ago
I saw this thread and saw the word Kokomo and knew right away it was written by deadhead 421..jk They arent playin kokomo til they play my request so get in line...nah jk i hope they play both. Atleast finiculi finiculi tease ...but aruba jamaica..ooh i wanna take u to bermuda bahamam cum on pretty momma....jk..lol

if they play kokomo before this song we are going to have problems...good luck 420..nice request...for a platypus that is. lol !!

www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub...1DSoOaJIu8sP2xjl1wTQ

they dont have to sing it, just play the riff..."I aint fraid a no ghost!! "
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#45751 3 years ago
I would love to see Kokomo, and Furthur would tear up Ghost Busters. Too bad there's no Halloween shows on tap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#45792 3 years ago
Might be alright, but could think of a couple dozen other Beach Boys' songs I'd rather hear ... especially since Brian was effectively excluded from Kokomo. Sloop John B might be interesting!

But if you must, I'll offer up the following:

intothesun
Visitor

#45793 3 years ago

ok kokomo and ghostbusters, yeah we would like to hear em...i think its more realistic that they would play this cover tune by the Beach Boys. The song structure is just like that of a blues rock song like Promised Land , Around and Around, and johnny b goode. Being that they are chuck berry songs that came out around the same exact time as many beach boy hits. Bobby would have so much fun with it and phil would kill the vocals...they would all sound great, even jeff could have some fun screamin on the keys. I'm sure you'd rather hear aruba , jamaica, oh i want to take ya....but this would be a very possible song cover they might be more apt to do. Agree? "Inside outside USA............oooohhh ooo oooooooo!!!! "
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder

#45794 3 years ago
FaceOnMars wrote:
Might be alright, but could think of a couple dozen other Beach Boys' songs I'd rather hear ... especially since Brian was effectively excluded from Kokomo. Sloop John B might be interesting!

But if you must go down such a road, I'll offer up the following:

intothesun
Visitor

#45795 3 years ago
FaceOnMars wrote:

no offense, but those kids sang the worst songs ever. If you can even call that a song. I'll agree theres other beach boy tunes like get around, good vibrations, and surfin usa...please dont post anymore partridge family or brady buch -- they would never play that crap and im feeling somewhat nauseous from that terrible music.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder

#45796 3 years ago
intothesun wrote:

ok kokomo and ghostbusters, yeah we would like to hear em...i think its more realistic that they would play this cover tune by the Beach Boys. The song structure is just like that of a blues rock song like Promised Land , Around and Around, and johnny b goode. Being that they are chuck berry songs that came out around the same exact time as many beach boy hits. Bobby would have so much fun with it and phil would kill the vocals...they would all sound great, even jeff could have some fun screamin on the keys. I'm sure you'd rather hear aruba , jamaica, oh i want to take ya....but this would be a very possible song cover they might be more apt to do. Agree? "Inside outside USA............oooohhh ooo oooooooo!!!! "

Very true, it would be much more like what they're used to ... but then again, Abbey Road isn't exactly a straight ahead blues rock album. Would Bobby be allowed to wear a sleeveless version of the horizontal referree shirts? Would we all dance the chicken wing while snapping our fingers and jerking our heads from side to side?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder

#45798 3 years ago
intothesun wrote:
FaceOnMars wrote:

no offense, but those kids sang the worst songs ever. If you can even call that a song. I'll agree theres other beach boy tunes like get around, good vibrations, and surfin usa...please dont post anymore partridge family or brady buch -- they would never play that crap and im feeling somewhat nauseous from that terrible music.

Are you kidding me?!? They could pull this arrangement apart and have a 10 minute happy jam in there or imagine the dark dissonant jam they could go into right after Bobby's (Brady) solo!!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by FaceOnMars.
intothesun
Visitor

#45801 3 years ago
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds