• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

One More Saturday Night!

#45704 2 years, 12 months ago
been a while since they didnt include it....
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: One More Saturday Night!

#45706 2 years, 12 months ago
It seems that it just wouldn't have belonged with the rest of the 2nd set tonight. Brokedown Palace was just perfect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#45730 2 years, 12 months ago
The show is already on the Archive

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-30.St.Auggie
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#45773 2 years, 12 months ago
I looked up a few stats for anyone who cares....

Furthur has played on 27 Saturday nights (not including 3/13/10 which was a private party)

Furthur Did not play One More Saturday Night for 6 of those shows (1/9/10 - 2/13/10 - 3/6/10 - 8/14/10 - 4/2/11 and 7/30/11)

They didn't play it on 4/2 because they did 4/1 instead (April Fools Day)

1/9/10 was one of their live rehearsals

8/14/10 was the Outside Lands Music Festival where they didn't play an encore - I think they ran out of time

the other 4 times were regular shows
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#45775 2 years, 12 months ago
Thanks for the info- the more data the better! I personally like it a lot when they don't close a Saturday night with Saturday Night, rather be surprised with something else.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#45777 2 years, 12 months ago
I like when they mix it in the first set or something of that nature - though I've never gotten it like that. I'm all about loving suprises

I also noticed when they do play it now they dropped the ending where they used to kick back into it when it sounded like they were about to end it
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#45781 2 years, 12 months ago
Best one ever was opening with it on that Friday April Fool's Day- now that's a band with a sense of humor! When that popped up first on Twitter, I was so confused, then just burst out laughing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#45898 2 years, 12 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I like when they mix it in the first set or something of that nature - though I've never gotten it like that. I'm all about loving suprises

I also noticed when they do play it now they dropped the ending where they used to kick back into it when it sounded like they were about to end it

my first show in asbury park nj on 2009-12-12 they closed the first set with it, was great...everyone was happy it wasn't going to be burned in the encore slot..
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#45900 2 years, 12 months ago
this summer tour was probably the most unique as far as saturday night placement/occurances...mainly because they have not been doing it every saturday or doing it in 2nd set close slot or as part of a double encore....for a while they were really doing it every saturday in the encore slot it seemed....they get into habits like that...samson and delilah is becoming that for sundays now...yes GD and furthur have played it on sunday for our sunday sermon but i don't think furthur was AS consistent with it as they were this tour, which is fine, i am not complaining, just pointing out
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#46028 2 years, 12 months ago
Well now I've been there for 2 of the 4 not played I guess. I also saw them open with it in Orlando awhile back on a Saturday night which caught us off guard and was a real treat. Id like to see that more often. Id like to see it played on other nights as well. Who cares if its not Saturday night?
Time to create page: 0.88 seconds