• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
intothesun
Visitor

two baby deer

#45528 3 years ago
Today i was on my way to get a new chain for a kids quad im selling...it broke yesterday and i cant sell it without a good chain. I got close to the highway and saw two baby, i mean like little ones...two, obviously brother and sister or visa versa....they were siblings. they had spots all over them and were just beautiful . The mother was no where in sight , which she definately would be for how little they were. Their mon obviously was struck by a car on the nearby highway. They seemed pretty calm like it didnt just happen. So i saw them in thier element of making it on thier own , but really, they were so small. I hope the four winds rool em sfaely home. and they follow the trail and stay away from cars . it was an unbelievable sight...really just touched my heart man, wheeew they were so small and fragile, but they will definately survive and grow. I found the right chain for this japaneese hard to find part...but its too much money and way too big a chain. so i might be able to fix with a few master links....listening to help slip frank on gd radio...."your eyes looked from ya mommas face.."
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: two baby deer

#46157 3 years ago
youd be surprised mom will run away to lure any predators away .the babies will be fine as long as a person doesnt try to help them ,then mom will abadon them hopefully she wasnt hit by a car
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
intothesun
Visitor

#46200 3 years ago
Ah, shit I offered the two youngsters 2 free tickets to the AMC theaters to go see a movie. I also fed the m a cheese steak sub and cheese fries. They have my number in case they need anything.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46203 3 years ago
migh as well adopt em then.what i ment is people think theyve found lost deer and will take them home to "protect" them then they will rerelease them to the wild where they promptly die.all the wildlife agencys say to leave em be
intothesun
Visitor

#46206 3 years ago
there wasnt any predators around . she was hit by a car, hopefully not, but thats the part that made me freeze like wow, these two orphan bambis...and they were smaller than quick and nimble bambi. no, i didnt feed them or even stop, for what, to scare them into the road? nah they can hear where to go. hopefully they will meet other friends to adopt them and let them tad along and become fam. So I got 2 tickets for the movies, anyone wanna free pass. I heard thor was good. only saw transformers and green lantern...lantern was pretty bad ass, just too short.
Anyway, back to the kids, the are fine. im sure they will grow
intothesun
Visitor

#46209 3 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
migh as well adopt em then.what i ment is people think theyve found lost deer and will take them home to "protect" them then they will rerelease them to the wild where they promptly die.all the wildlife agencys say to leave em be

oh yeah gotcha...some places like this though they kind of found them selves in a part of town a little too urban. In this case, relocating them is ok. I know whatchu mean by keeping them overnight for multiple nights.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46211 3 years ago
there weent any predotors around cuz she ran away with them .see? it worked
intothesun
Visitor

#46216 3 years ago
www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub...qO391BMgf939bNnYAErA

babylon is tricky, sometimes animals need our help to relocate them. i felt the need there, but just said a prayer for them...i hope they found thier way outta there. they probably did.

these guys are safe cause traffic is slow in this residential neighborhood and its also near woods telling from the trees. but where theres moose there is usually alot of land to roam. but my point is that if they roamed into anchorage....they could get hit by a vehicle where the speed limit isnt 25mph but 50.
intothesun
Visitor

#46218 3 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
there weent any predotors around cuz she ran away with them .see? it worked

In broad daylight in a urban setting in NJ ? i dont think anything wuz stalking the young deer, but ok, maybe there was a mongoose or alligator or leopard loose from the zoo...? i think shes dead....the highway was right there they were by the on ramp. and they were soooo small that theres no way she wouldnt be right next to em...maybe she was behing the trees and camouflaged
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46222 3 years ago
NJ is filled with coyotes believe it or not ,even been spotted in central park NYC you may be right tho.ive heard stories of hunters killing a doe and the yearlings will still come to her kinda sad.if your truly worried call the dept of environmantal control DEC they handle that stuff
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds