• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
intothesun
Visitor

Re: life long east coaster with california questions

#45702 3 years, 2 months ago
medical field is good everywhere. i guess its a matter of climate. I dont have enough experience on helping you cause ive only lived there like for 10 years. Sounds like more than just a little but i only can remember the food. san diego has the best burritos ever. well that ive had so far. so they are really good. santa cruz has nice mexican faire. and ukiah has nice beer and the bay area has great seafood. and thai food too. im really of no help...have fun
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#45917 3 years, 2 months ago
hey i lived for some time in the 80's and worked at cedar Sinai medical center in la. I loved it there- except the earthquake in 86' was not cool! i was born on the west coast - grew up on the east coast - when an adult moved to LA. lived in la, hollywood, and glendale.
i would suggest submitting resumes to all the major hospitals from san deigo to san fran!!! go where the winds blow ya!!
came back east after my son came so he could grow up with family- been here 18 years now! wow- some of the best shows i ever saw/heard were on the west coast!!
check on monster.com too and check for medical jobs in your field. good luck!
oh and i love venice beach and used to spend mucho time there when i lived in cali.
izancarlos
Visitor

#46009 3 years, 2 months ago
west coast? its pretty cool,i been all over up and down state hundreds of times. ime personally, dont like city life at all,cool to visit every once in a while, but to live no. for starters dont even look below point conception, lots of cool small coastal communties, morro bay area..? lots of cool places north of here to explore, all the way up to Monterey,skip the next couple hundred miles,till 101 north of San Franciso...all cool places here..Point Arena? Arcata way up north... Eureka? nice places, but still to citified...i wud say these places.. san diego all the way past santa babylon suks.hate to say but i really wudnt want to live in Ca. hate 2 say but the glory days of wines and roses in ca. r long gone... after Jerry died,,,Ca. did as well...
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#46561 3 years, 2 months ago
I love Los Angeles. It's the city people love to hate. But I love it here. Find a place to live that's close to work, no worries.

San Diego is snorefest. San Fran is nice but hella expensive and the weather is not nearly as nice... Plus the housing market in Cali really took a hit, condos in west LA that were in the $600k range 3 years ago are half the price and may even go a bit lowere this year.... lots of nice deals on real estate.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#46607 3 years, 2 months ago
I grew up in the Bay Area, San Jose. 60 miles south of San Francisco. Moved there in 1968.
I loved it. It got too expensive in the late nineties. So we came to Vegas. It's alright here and Las Vegas has much opportunity for medical field, I've heard.
I like the Bay Area and miss it sometimes.
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#46608 3 years, 2 months ago
Was born in Cali, moved around from coast to coast an in between, but always end up back here on the oh so lovely beaches of SoCal.
Pros.
The Weather is about as good as it gets in most of the year
Women are beautiful
Weed IS the best and easily obtained
Foooood (sooo many choices, so, little time)
Good shows within driving distance from most areas (everyone stops through Cali on tours)
The Pacific and all the wondrous beaches that stretch the coast are easily capable of cleansing ones soul
Yosemite, Big Sur, Arcata (shit, Trinity and all contained within and around), La Jolla, Ob, Laguna!

Cons.
Traffic (It could make Ghandi roll down his window an threaten to rip the head off a person in a car in the next lane)
Rent (Very Very high, I for one pay about 1600 (was 2100 a few yrs back) for a 2 bedroom apartment, it helps that there's a library within sight and I can walk to one of the nicest beaches in the area before you could finish readin this long ass post)
Smog, water pollution
A good majority of the people (depending on where, but namely La, SD Oc) are stuck up and completely ignorant of those around them (the high millionaires per capita may have something to do with this)
The California adventure pass (having to pay to park to hike at a lot of trails, not all but isn't one too many?)

Cali could always use more positive vibes and good heads man! Cruise out and hit us up you will be welcomed
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds