• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Re: Reporting from Simpsonville lol

#46666 3 years, 2 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Yup. Just got back to my ice cold room at the Hampton. And yes, I am under the influence. But I know all my friends need the info so here it is. It was a killer show. Ill now open the floor for questions.

Thanks for introducing yourself to me at Raleigh. I'd have to say that both that show and Simpsonville were top notch. Hope you had a great time, I know I did!
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#46667 3 years, 2 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:
Yup. Just got back to my ice cold room at the Hampton. And yes, I am under the influence. But I know all my friends need the info so here it is. It was a killer show. Ill now open the floor for questions.

Thanks for introducing yourself to me at Raleigh. I'd have to say that both that show and Simpsonville were top notch. Hope you had a great time, I know I did!

Awesome shows. We are still talking about them 5 days later. After the show we were in line for the cds and I raided the abandoned wharf rat table of leftover dum dums. Still have a few laying around I think lol
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by neverstop66.
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#46733 3 years, 1 month ago
I have to jump in here and concur that this show was very special. And yes there are no Auds yet. strange. That box of Rain was played like Phil must have imagined it years ago. Saw 4 with Jerry and that one takes the prize. Phil was rocking like the old days. The purist will hiss and moan but that show was as well played and as special as any Grateful Dead show I have ever experienced and I saw 33 shows between 84 - 95. I beleive we are heading into an era of time where there will not be a bad show by the boys. I walked out of S. Charleston thinking I was lucky only to find out that it gets even better after going to Raleigh and Simpsonville. That second set was just face melting from start to finsih. Think about it, they are just getting warmed up, can you imagine what might be just be possible in the future. Puts goose on me just thinking about it. Any ways. I've ranted to long. Cant wait til I can shake my bones again and have my spirit smiling away
Philzone Phan
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, DeadHead420
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#46736 3 years, 1 month ago
Nice... sounds like you felt like I did after night one @ shoreline. Phil was so into it, chimenti was inspired, bobby was jammng and jk had some crazy runs. When they are on, best thing goin!!!
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#46742 3 years, 1 month ago
jbyerly wrote:
I have to jump in here and concur that this show was very special. And yes there are no Auds yet. strange. That box of Rain was played like Phil must have imagined it years ago. Saw 4 with Jerry and that one takes the prize. Phil was rocking like the old days. The purist will hiss and moan but that show was as well played and as special as any Grateful Dead show I have ever experienced and I saw 33 shows between 84 - 95. I beleive we are heading into an era of time where there will not be a bad show by the boys. I walked out of S. Charleston thinking I was lucky only to find out that it gets even better after going to Raleigh and Simpsonville. That second set was just face melting from start to finsih. Think about it, they are just getting warmed up, can you imagine what might be just be possible in the future. Puts goose on me just thinking about it. Any ways. I've ranted to long. Cant wait til I can shake my bones again and have my spirit smiling away

100% agreed. We may someday look back on this tour as the beginning of a golden age of sorts. I loved that S Charleston show too. Great energy in there. Tons of college kids mixed in and it gave it a great vibe. Damn kids were no slouches, they knew how to get their grateful dead on. Made me proud lol! The venue was awesome and the sets were killer. But these shows took it up another level altogether.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#46772 3 years, 1 month ago
Well dammit, whereTF is the AUD???
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#46775 3 years, 1 month ago
Chuck_Woolery wrote:
Well dammit, whereTF is the AUD???

A taper had posted it on Sunday but it looks like he pulled it for some reason. Im thinking it will be back soon. I was listening to it because that was the only show I didnt get the cd afterward. I know it was there.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#46776 3 years, 1 month ago
Heres a snack to hold you over.

The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , jbyerly, DeadHead420
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#46836 3 years, 1 month ago
Thank you for the video. I got the bracelet and CD but I wanted to here the live mix to see if the balance was as I remembered. CD's are excellent and I am Grateful to be able to get them but they are not necessarily representative of how it was mixed live.
Philzone Phan
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#46846 3 years, 1 month ago
jbyerly wrote:
Thank you for the video. I got the bracelet and CD but I wanted to here the live mix to see if the balance was as I remembered. CD's are excellent and I am Grateful to be able to get them but they are not necessarily representative of how it was mixed live.

They need to fix the mix on the cds. If you go back to the early soundboards of the first tour, like 2-5-11 and 2-6-11, the sound is perfect. Its been out of whack for over a year now. For example, the ST Aug Cd's, I can barely hear jeff a lot of the time and bobs voice sounds so far away. But this is not how it sounded at the show.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds