• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Reporting from Simpsonville lol

#45409 3 years, 3 months ago
Yup. Just got back to my ice cold room at the Hampton. And yes, I am under the influence. But I know all my friends need the info so here it is. It was a killer show. Ill now open the floor for questions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , iamthedoor
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Reporting from Simpsonville lol

#45412 3 years, 3 months ago
was bob wearing his clamdiggers??? hahaha

how were the jams in the 2nd set? lots of segues?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#45413 3 years, 3 months ago
How long was the St. Stephen/Eleven? Was it amazing?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45415 3 years, 3 months ago
Just kidding. 1st set was just outstanding. What a great groove with Maggies Farm. I've been wanting Me and My Uncle forever and finally got it. I love that tune. JK was so into Candyman he was like channeling. I posted a pic of him singing it. Duprees just puts the place into a circus like atmosphere. Yes Burt, I could see it every show. Love me those jelly roll blues. Feeling the manic 2 nights in a row is special. Looks like Rain? What? Bob aces it everytime and Wifey really digs it. I guess that's why he is called Ace lol. Did I forget Neverstops favorite song? Got the double verse of neverstop tonight. All I needed was a Mexicali and it would have been a clean sweep of first set wish list stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , wlewis
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45418 3 years, 3 months ago
Im pretty sure bob was going clamming afterwards lol. St. Stephen the Eleven was just flat out rocking. Russo really really really loves to play both of those tunes. He has the happiest face. Also, Jeff and Sunshine are amazing on both of those as well. I was really digging them tonight and made eye contact many times with both throughout the show. I let them know I approved.Raleigh and Simpsonville are both must haves for the collection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , SunshineSue
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45423 3 years, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
was bob wearing his clamdiggers??? hahaha

how were the jams in the 2nd set? lots of segues?

I had to go back and look at the set list. I don't believe they stopped playing until Days Between. I might be wrong there but segues into every song were very smooth. It was a well put together set. But I guess it should be. Estimated- Eyes. St. Stephen - The Eleven. Scarlet- Fire. All go together like peas and carrots lmfao. Ha!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45425 3 years, 3 months ago
Wildest jam of the night. King Solomons Marbles. Blessed to see that twice now. Russo loves that one too. Jeff on eyes of the world was great. We could actually see him playing tonight because we were on the rail right in front of JK and had the perfect angle. He likes to hide back there lol. He was flat out getting down on that eyes jam for like 5 minutes. Fucking genius. Better than keith, brent and bruce. That's right I said it all you purists. It was fucking marvelous. The middle jam of estimated was loud and funky and powerful. They brought the goods again tonight. Very cool venue to boot. Started out hot as hell, but the sun went down and it cooled off a bit and a few random breezes made me not have to pace myself like last night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , wlewis
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45427 3 years, 3 months ago
It would be tragic if I didn't mention the fire on the mountain. First it was really groovy and bouncy, then Jk just fucking killed it with this totally rocking blasting solo that sent the crowd into a frenzy when it went in to this huge peak. I say well done to JK. Bob was again totally amazing and what can you say about Phil? I was so impressed the last 2 days that he is really setting the stage for all to show their talents. He is totally having fun and is clearly the leader of this outfit. And anyone in business will tell you that you can't be great without great leadership. Bravo to Phil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , wlewis, Terrapin Sedation, lightchaser
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#46372 3 years, 3 months ago
That's kewl neverstop. I got all those feelings about this show and I wasn't under the influence. This music is magical and can't wait for the next one
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#46414 3 years, 3 months ago
are you still under the influence?
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds