• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

Re: PLEASE DONT GO BACK TO THE MANN

#45473 3 years ago
Shoreline was great show. When we got out of the car after parking we were immediately hassled by the Mountain View Police.
We had no bombs planted on us We had no firearms, drugs, alcohol, or contraband whatsoever. Still, the man presented.
The Mountain View Police dept. had a short meeting that morning. It went something like this... "OK everybody, we've got a show at Shoreline today and tomorrow. This is guys from The Grateful Dead. Grateful Dead equals hippies and drugs. Go out there and kick some ass. They failed to research the fact that this may be the most peaceful crowd they have ever dealt with, historically so. Nice going MOUNTAIN VIEW POLICE! I guess it'd due to cutbacks and the bay area economy. I lived in the Bay Area 37 years Kick some ass over in East Palo Alto instead. Mountain View Police not very organized or professional. Sad.
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#45481 3 years ago
Never had a problem at the Mann. This year or last year. Always got to the show early to do some tailgating with family and had a great time. Music was great and last year vending was great.
Maybe next year the band shouldn't avoid the venue but vendors should. If you know its going to be a problem avoid it.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#45482 3 years ago
HeHeHe, this is like the grown up of version of a boycott...A Manncott. hahahaha
pawtrack
Junior Boarder

#45484 3 years ago
philly is a scary city period. people have been attacked for many reasons at sporting events, and concerts and there are numerous facts out there to prove it. i used to live there and still live a little over an hour away, say what you want but it's not suprising to me that an incident of this nature happened there. in the many times i've been there i've witnessed a stabbing, two major beatings, many stupid fights for no reason, a man at an eagles game was overturned in a portable toilet, i had a gun pulled on me at a bar by a stranger, and was chased by a street gang for no reason on south street. many friends of mine have also had issues there, a friend going for an intrerview went down a wrong street and was barricaded in by cars when he stopped at a sign, then people started running for his car,he went through a yard and escaped. a girl was vomited on by a fan on purpose, and two men were beat to death at the citizens bank park just in the last two years. I would never generalize the people of philly, as i have many friends from there. its just when a group assembles there things can go wrong. be wary when you visit, thats all i can recommend, i really hate to rant and be negative about things cause i'm not about that. this is the last i will say about the city or venue.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by pawtrack.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#45485 3 years ago
deadegad wrote:
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I wonder if it was a coincidence that they played "Last Time"

Maybe not! The first night at Times Square Best Buy show had a very tough security crew. They played The Stones We Love you that night. many thought that that was a response to the heavy handed security. At Homdel NJ 7/24 they played We Love You perhaps in response to a very, very, energetic crowd. I thought Jones b had a very energetic crowd but it may have been lost 'In the Summer Wind.' There was a very steady wind blowing the sound at Jones.

I am glad I did not head to Philly from NYC as i had tried. Sometimes there needs to be a 'Don't be a douche' announcement for crowds at shows, not so much w/Furhtur, but it sounds like the crowd should have had their own Don't be a Dick Announcement -- for the staff at Mann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I did not go.

It would not surprise me if Furthur sent a message with Last Time.

Don't forget the entire setlist from Canadian War Museum on 2010-07-07 after they had trouble at the border crossing:

Set 1: Alabama Getaway, Don't Ease Me In, Mama Tried, Dire Wolf, Hell In A Bucket, Bertha, Truckin' > Smokestack Lightning > Casey Jones, I Need A Miracle > Help On The Way > Caution > New Speedway Boogie > Wharf Rat > I Fought The Law > Liberty

Encore: On The Road Again > Touch Of Grey
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#45511 3 years ago
FaceOnMars wrote:
deadegad wrote:
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I wonder if it was a coincidence that they played "Last Time"

Maybe not! The first night at Times Square Best Buy show had a very tough security crew. They played The Stones We Love you that night. many thought that that was a response to the heavy handed security. At Homdel NJ 7/24 they played We Love You perhaps in response to a very, very, energetic crowd. I thought Jones b had a very energetic crowd but it may have been lost 'In the Summer Wind.' There was a very steady wind blowing the sound at Jones.

I am glad I did not head to Philly from NYC as i had tried. Sometimes there needs to be a 'Don't be a douche' announcement for crowds at shows, not so much w/Furhtur, but it sounds like the crowd should have had their own Don't be a Dick Announcement -- for the staff at Mann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I did not go.

It would not surprise me if Furthur sent a message with Last Time.

Don't forget the entire setlist from Canadian War Museum on 2010-07-07 after they had trouble at the border crossing:

Set 1: Alabama Getaway, Don't Ease Me In, Mama Tried, Dire Wolf, Hell In A Bucket, Bertha, Truckin' > Smokestack Lightning > Casey Jones, I Need A Miracle > Help On The Way > Caution > New Speedway Boogie > Wharf Rat > I Fought The Law > Liberty

Encore: On The Road Again > Touch Of Grey

Wow that set list sends a whole lot of messages! LOL!
jbjb2
Fresh Boarder

#96296 2 years, 8 months ago
They charged us twice for two spots right banjo u know who this is.. after that they told us to watch out if you get caught vending then you will ticked and may be asked to leave.. i was in line about 45mins b4 the start and got in half way though Masterpiece. The bathrooms were so bad and hot and not kept in any way.. the best part was that people were passed out cause of the heat and they turned there water fountain off until someone went in to guest services and bitched about it . the worst part of it is the hissing in the parking lot you all know what i mean,and there is nothing furthur can do to stop it in PA. Every other stop was great and the next night at pnc was a real good time thanks to a few random heads who miracle my wife and I because we did not work philly.. I dont think they sounded particularly great that night and sounded way better in NJ the next night....give jersey 2-3 nights instead of the mann
Even a blind man knows when the sun is shinning
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by jbjb2 .
RowKyle
Fresh Boarder

#96321 2 years, 8 months ago
jbjb2 wrote:
..give jersey 2-3 nights instead of the mann

Yea im not a huge fan of the mann, had a MUCH better time at the Tower in Upper Darby

Some Jersey shows would be great in my opinion, pnc or even camden
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds