• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Tom Banjo
Visitor

Re: PLEASE DONT GO BACK TO THE MANN

#45294 3 years, 1 month ago
Well the vending helped me get to the next show, since I saw nearly all shows on this tour. But when they told me not to vend I didnt vend. I lined up at the entrance half hour b4 show but there were 2 entrances and perhaps u went to the one that was easy.. i didnt hear of that one till the show was over. But I must say, that I had an awesome time and Bobby, Phil John and the gang saved the night... but I was still disturbed by what I saw and how they treated the children, women and especially the pregnanat woman. Every1 in line allowed her to get in front (being that she was with child) and the security sent her back! I mean there is right and wrong and this was terribly wrong. I wish more of my friends that I went with or met there didnt have such a bad time. But I am glad for those who enjoyed the show and i tried to get my friends to enjoy the show and inevitably we did!
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#45392 3 years, 1 month ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I wonder if it was a coincidence that they played "Last Time"

Maybe not! The first night at Times Square Best Buy show had a very tough security crew. They played The Stones We Love you that night. many thought that that was a response to the heavy handed security. At Homdel NJ 7/24 they played We Love You perhaps in response to a very, very, energetic crowd. I thought Jones b had a very energetic crowd but it may have been lost 'In the Summer Wind.' There was a very steady wind blowing the sound at Jones.

I am glad I did not head to Philly from NYC as i had tried. Sometimes there needs to be a 'Don't be a douche' announcement for crowds at shows, not so much w/Furhtur, but it sounds like the crowd should have had their own Don't be a Dick Announcement -- for the staff at Mann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I did not go.

It would not surprise me if Furthur sent a message with Last Time.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#45393 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
reminds me of the first night at Best Buy this year - I was in line over an hour before showtime and I still missed part of the first song, some people missed the whole 1st set. It was rediculous..... I heard security got in trouble and the other 4 nights went real smooth going in.

You are quite correct. I got into BB on time but it was tough. They lightened up for the rest of the run just as you say.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#45398 3 years, 1 month ago
deadegad wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
reminds me of the first night at Best Buy this year - I was in line over an hour before showtime and I still missed part of the first song, some people missed the whole 1st set. It was rediculous..... I heard security got in trouble and the other 4 nights went real smooth going in.

You are quite correct. I got into BB on time but it was tough. They lightened up for the rest of the run just as you say.

yeah the first night i waited in line for about an hr, got searched pretty intensely and i hit the floor as the boys took the stage...didn't miss a note...the place was half empty when it started...people slowly trickled in, some legit missed the entire first set, or walked in during the last tune, i felt bad for them...no bueno...but yeah the next 4 nights there were a breeze
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#45421 3 years, 1 month ago
my goodness that sounds awful. Why would security treat people like that? I don't get it. Guess I saw some police do some bad, threatening stuff at east coast GD shows in the 90's, but this just sounds ridiculous. The shows out here (west coast) seems pretty mild when it comes to security.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#45422 3 years, 1 month ago
wngfan wrote:
my goodness that sounds awful. Why would security treat people like that? I don't get it. Guess I saw some police do some bad, threatening stuff at east coast GD shows in the 90's, but this just sounds ridiculous. The shows out here (west coast) seems pretty mild when it comes to security.

definitely....no search whatsoever at almost all west coast venues last september...total freedom inside...people were just a lot more conscious of each other and their experiences...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#45432 3 years, 1 month ago
Great idea. Replace all philly shows with Carolinas and Florida plz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: doin_that_rag
Barnaby
Fresh Boarder

#45462 3 years, 1 month ago
Having a lot less police interference is always a bit more pleasant my dears.... Shutting down the parking lot vending is just ridiculous. Its part of the atmosphere. What should be shut down is the criminals selling nitrous balloons. That was running rampant, while the people selling T-shirts, trinkets and food were terrorized & closed down. Philly/Mann Center should take heed and do what other venues do... put the vending in a localized area of the parking lot of their choosing. But after this fiasco, I am not sure the band or the people will ever return...
-------
Big bait catches big rat!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#45466 3 years, 1 month ago
Security and cops were out of hand at Shoreline too. Borderline obnoxious. Very strange and very sad for that once laid back venue.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Voodoo Chile
Junior Boarder

#45468 3 years, 1 month ago
So David, I guess you have a few retractions to make

>>>LOL! Come to the East Coast Philly! WE FUCKING LOVE YOU OVER HERE!

>>>I got my tix to Manns Music Hall in Philadelphia...that is one kewl venue. Too bad they aren't doing two shows there.

>>>Dude, go to the Mann show in Phila. It was great last year even in the rain (rained 1st night but not second) but was great anyway. It is a nice venue, great acoustics and lots of room. Last year there were soooo many balloons littering the grounds, so if you are into that, theyre there (which makes everything more fun and happy)!

>>>It all started when they charged us 15 dollars for a vending spot and then told us that we would be arrested if we tried to vend (we were selling food) and there would be no refund for the vending spot we just purchased. Some people did vend and many got arrested.. meanwhile, nitrous was everywhere (although we saw some of them get arrested too).

Seems your tune has changed. It’s nothing new that when you wait till last minute to enter a show that you will hit a log jam.

The security involved should be held accountable for rough handling anyone let alone children and pregnant women.

$15 was the fee to park at the venue – no “vending fee”

Also >>>Last year there were soooo many balloons littering the grounds, so if you are into that, theyre there (which makes everything more fun and happy)!

Nothing fun or happy about discarded balloons all over the beautifull MANN. It's THAT scene which you seem to embrace which shut down the vending this year. The Philly cops were crusing the area for nitrous venders all night long confiscating tanks.
"Distant life, different name
Another ride, just the same"
hunter/lesh
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds