• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: name your favorite furthur show

#45544 3 years, 1 month ago
I agree. In fact, the more I listen to the SBD of the recent Mann show the more I love that one too.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#45565 3 years, 1 month ago
An almost impossible task . . .. they are so consistently good. . ..

Phils birthday at Best Buy NYC with the Abbey Road medley could be No. #1.

Last years MSG shows with Time were outstanding too.

7/24 Holmdel had such and energetic crowd which the band acknowledged and fed off of deserves a mention.

They just don't do bad shows though so ti is a tough call.

Perhaps the ill fated July 2010 Best Buy, the first night, where poor Bob was completely out of it could be the only bad show that they did.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#45577 3 years, 1 month ago
Raleigh 7/28/11
GOOD LOVE
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#45582 3 years, 1 month ago
Owsley's show, 3/26/11 at RCMH.

To me, Furthur isn't hit or miss. They only hit. And sometimes they hit it out of the park.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones, MushroomMan, funky420, Terrapin Sedation
intothesun
Visitor

#45697 3 years, 1 month ago
i only saw a few furthur..prob like 4. I have seen like 7 phil and Friends. like 8 other ones , like 6 ratdogs, and 3 Dead. only saw jerry and the grateful dead one time. My fav. furthur show, as in the further line up would be upper darby spring of 2011. high on the mountain...ashes and glass show.
intothesun
Visitor

#45698 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
well since i am going to say there are too many i can at least post a few dates of some of my favorites...they are in no particular order, and i am not going to get into why each one was special, just listen....

for starters i really enjoyed my first 2, the 2 night run in asbury park nj in dec 09

2010-02-17 buffalo ny

everything from furthur festival 2010-05-28-2010-05-30

2010-07-03 gelston castle mohawk ny

2010-07-05 sherman theater stroudsburg pa

2010-09-16 cuthbert amphitheater eugene or

2010-09-20 santa barbara bowl ca

2010-09-25 red rocks co

2010-11-09 stephens aud ames ia

2010-11-16 sovereign center readin pa

2010-11-20 MSG NY NY

entire broomfield 11 run in february

2011-03-11 best buy NY

2011-03-12 best buy NY

all 5 nights from the tower theater

fuck just listen to the rest of the spring 11 tour....

and everything form this summer...listen to it all, they're all great

you are out of control lewis...jk..lol !!!
intothesun
Visitor

#45699 3 years, 1 month ago
20 min. version of circumstance...wow that would be something
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

#45719 3 years, 1 month ago
I would say the Asbury in 09 and the Fox this last spring....Bethel Woods just the setting alone made that a great show for me....
What would be the answer to answer man
pawtrack
Junior Boarder

#45733 3 years, 1 month ago
bethel was amazing without a band, that is one beautiful spot. i'm gonna try real hard to get to red rocks, it's on my bucket list i imagine it's fantagical there.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#45797 3 years, 1 month ago
Bakes wrote:
StuartSlate wrote:
My favorite Furthur show is the one that I am about to go to. I am leaving in about an hour to camp through Sunday at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine. I will be at site 035. I drive a white Scion XB which I will be camping out of the back of. Stop by and say hello if you are going Saturday night. I'll have a beer for you. See yas.

Hey Stu, I'll be there as well. I'll keep an eye out for ya and try to swing by your site!

The best one I've bee at is Atlanta Fox Theater this Spring. The best I've heard on couch tour this Summer is PNC Holmdel, NY.

Hey man it was nice to see and meet you and your bud in the beer line (even if he did get in front of me) at set break. Sorry we didn't get a chance to party afterwards.

Great show and 2nd set eh? I know it has been killer hot all tour (even up north). But, man, what a hot mamma jamma Saturday/night was. We were still in the sun until the 2nd set.

What a tight, great band Furthur is right now. I am sure no expert, and maybe this is sacrilege to say out loud, but it is my humble opinion that they sound very much like the Grateful Dead.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds