• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: name your favorite furthur show

#45236 3 years ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
OtherOne wrote:
They seem to be hit or miss, but 6/3/11 Shoreline was a definite HIT! Great show, maybe the best of the 15 I've done (loved the 2009 NYE run as well)

What bout 6/4/11 shoreline?? Did ya go? Was fantagical. (my new made up word) lol

I love that word and am gonna start using it fantagical...it really rolls off the tongue!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#45262 3 years ago
well since i am going to say there are too many i can at least post a few dates of some of my favorites...they are in no particular order, and i am not going to get into why each one was special, just listen....

for starters i really enjoyed my first 2, the 2 night run in asbury park nj in dec 09

2010-02-17 buffalo ny

everything from furthur festival 2010-05-28-2010-05-30

2010-07-03 gelston castle mohawk ny

2010-07-05 sherman theater stroudsburg pa

2010-09-16 cuthbert amphitheater eugene or

2010-09-20 santa barbara bowl ca

2010-09-25 red rocks co

2010-11-09 stephens aud ames ia

2010-11-16 sovereign center readin pa

2010-11-20 MSG NY NY

entire broomfield 11 run in february

2011-03-11 best buy NY

2011-03-12 best buy NY

all 5 nights from the tower theater

fuck just listen to the rest of the spring 11 tour....

and everything form this summer...listen to it all, they're all great
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#45279 3 years ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
OtherOne wrote:
They seem to be hit or miss, but 6/3/11 Shoreline was a definite HIT! Great show, maybe the best of the 15 I've done (loved the 2009 NYE run as well)

What bout 6/4/11 shoreline?? Did ya go? Was fantagical. (my new made up word) lol

I love the new word. Good name for a good show
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#45451 2 years, 12 months ago
So some of you swear by 3/18/11? I think the next night at the Tower was one of the best Furthur shows I've seen. If I had one song to demonstrate to someone who'd never heard them what all the buzz was about I'd choose the Slipknot! from that night.

Of the 16 times I've seen the band so far, the other shows that really stand out are the second night at the Mann last year, the second night at Best Buy last summer, and the first night at MSG.

I'm also someone who loved all five Tower shows but if I had to be real selective, the four I mentioned above would be my top picks.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#45486 2 years, 12 months ago
My first Furthur show, 2/19/10 which was also me and my fiances 5th anniversary. Phil was playing the glowing blue ritter bass and bobby played the black and PINK ibenez. They still had jay lane jumping around and hitting stuff. Mushroom chocolates and and headies all night, puffin made in the second row made things nice. The second set was just all I could ask for:
Creaky wooden boat sounds gave way to the best version of lost sailor>saint ive ever heard, 20 minutes total
Lost sailor> (11:01)
Saint (9:06)
New speedway boogie> (9:56)
King solomons marbles> (9:33)
Caution> (13:54)
Dark star> (20:34)
Otherone> (8:26)
Let it grow> (13:47)
Not fade away reprise (8:41) (reprised from first set, kicking off the first set!
Encore of a reggae infused knockin on heavens door!
otherone78
Junior Boarder

#45490 2 years, 12 months ago
Top seven shows...so far.......

2/19/10 Mullins center @UMass Amherst
7/4/10 Nateva, Oxford, ME
7/21/11 comcast center, Mansfield,MA
3/6/10 Broomfield, Co (time>Breathe!!)
7/3/10 Gelston Castle Estate, Mohawk, NY
9/17/10 Cuthbert Theatre, Eugene, Or
9/25/10 Red Rocks
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#45496 2 years, 12 months ago
Equinox wrote:
So some of you swear by 3/18/11? I think the next night at the Tower was one of the best Furthur shows I've seen. If I had one song to demonstrate to someone who'd never heard them what all the buzz was about I'd choose the Slipknot! from that night.

Of the 16 times I've seen the band so far, the other shows that really stand out are the second night at the Mann last year, the second night at Best Buy last summer, and the first night at MSG.

I'm also someone who loved all five Tower shows but if I had to be real selective, the four I mentioned above would be my top picks.

I'm in complete agreement on 3.19....

I was lucky enough to be there and finally listened to soundboard last night. What I thought then and was reconfirmed on second listen is that it is in my top 10 GD experiences....and I saw some classics from 79 to 90.

The show is rippin' from top to bottom, with Music>BEW>He's gone opener, but that second set had some exploration that makes it special..Dark Star >We Love You> sandwich into Help>SllpfuckcrazyKnot> into who knew where it was going, drop 11.

www.deadheadland.com/2011/03/furthursetl...-darby-pennsylvania/

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-1...ficial.113510.flac16
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, Jack Jones, FeedThatJones
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#45501 2 years, 12 months ago
I love "fantagical" What a perfect word ~ Tnanks

My fave show is always changing, I start listening to one and then I almost listen to it to death, then I let it rest and come back to it later.

This year I did it to all the Broomfield shows, the March 12th Best Buy show, the Broome county(3/29/11) show the Boca Raton show & both nights at Shoreline. I am now in the process of doing it to the Vibes show of this year.

Anyone can recommend another show from this last tour and I'll give it a whirl.

I saw all the shows from Bethel to PNC, but I never process how I felt at the actual show with how it sounds listening to them until waaaaaay after. Sometimes I am completely surprised.

Someone on twitter said Mansfield ~ anyone concur??

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420, FeedThatJones
pawtrack
Junior Boarder

#45538 2 years, 12 months ago
i don't know if i'm the minority here but as much as i love a good sound board recording i really enjoy the energy and sounds of people singing from the crowd recordings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
otherone78
Junior Boarder

#45541 2 years, 12 months ago
The music that pops out in the SBD is pretty amazing, lots of subtle notes and melding of instrumets is really enhanced on the live SBD's. But if you want a more authentic feel of the show u have to listen to a high grade audio. Of course the matrix mixes really bring the best of both worlds.
Time to create page: 1.28 seconds