• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
pawtrack
Junior Boarder

name your favorite furthur show

#45099 2 years, 8 months ago
I've seen them quite a few times starting in 2009 at Asbury Park, I remember being there as an usher just to get in free and could'nt believe how great everything was again. So far my favorites are Bethel Woods, and the Tower Theater 3-18-11, I also love Estimated from the Asbury Show, and Time at MSG. Post your favorite experiences so we can all look them up on archive.org
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

Re: name your favorite furthur show

#45104 2 years, 8 months ago
My favorite Furthur show is the one that I am about to go to. I am leaving in about an hour to camp through Sunday at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine. I will be at site 035. I drive a white Scion XB which I will be camping out of the back of. Stop by and say hello if you are going Saturday night. I'll have a beer for you. See yas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, prasada
pawtrack
Junior Boarder

#45108 2 years, 8 months ago
wish i could, cause i would be chillin beside you in my army green xb i had surgery on the wrist a while back and i've been able to go to tons of shows since i have plenty of free time. the wife drew the line at me and my son hittin up the southern leg while she stayed in nj and worked, bummer.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#45109 2 years, 8 months ago
So many, to choose one would be impossible but some of my most memorable shows would be red rocks last year, new years eve last year, and second night RCMH this year the dark star into terrapin was awesome.
The voices tell me what to say
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#45113 2 years, 8 months ago
StuartSlate wrote:
My favorite Furthur show is the one that I am about to go to. I am leaving in about an hour to camp through Sunday at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine. I will be at site 035. I drive a white Scion XB which I will be camping out of the back of. Stop by and say hello if you are going Saturday night. I'll have a beer for you. See yas.

Hey Stu, I'll be there as well. I'll keep an eye out for ya and try to swing by your site!

The best one I've bee at is Atlanta Fox Theater this Spring. The best I've heard on couch tour this Summer is PNC Holmdel, NY.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Bakes.
abo421
Fresh Boarder

#45116 2 years, 8 months ago
I concur Tower Theater 3-18-11 was my favorite thus far. The boys really seem to rock that joint.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#45117 2 years, 8 months ago
Holmdel last week.
the two shows at MSG last november
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#45126 2 years, 8 months ago
I've seen 11 Furthur shows, and they all have been AMAZINGLY SICK!!
MSG really stood out last November. NYE 2010-2011 was intensely awesome. Was my first (only) time in California, and the whole experience was really special.
My first shows were Coney Island last summer, and that was so gooood, but it seems that they just keep getting better.
Seeing them in Ottawa last summer was a real treat as well, since I am Canadian and it's always a little more enjoyable when I have the luxury of not having to deal with border issues.
In a nutshell, I have 11 favorite Furthur shows, and can't wait to add to the list.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#45130 2 years, 8 months ago
You are right about the Ottawa show. I drove up from Stroudsburg which was a good show in a small theatre but it added hours of driving as opposed to Vermont where the show was supposed to be originally. I drove home to new brunswick the next day and saw Melvin Seals and JGB in Saint John the day after that. I don't think GD have anywhere near the impact in Canada they have in the US where it is a ubiquitous part of the culture. Sure don't appreciate the border crossing though. Didn't see too many Canadian plates on the lot at the six shows I hit these last few weeks.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#45137 2 years, 8 months ago
I would have to say nye 09 10 they played so many roads that night and sent me to tears and was just filled with love and gratefulness. And 3/5/10 broomsfield was bomb. The shakedown was down right funky and fell in lovevwith lost sailor a song that wasn't something I cared for
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds