• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: GD Scrapbook at Borders 4 bucks!!

#46932 2 years, 12 months ago
yes, just checked, still $40 online. Here's a link to their store locator www.borders.com/online/store/LocatorView
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#50670 2 years, 11 months ago
I've hit two different Borders but no GD Scrapbooks to be found. I did pick up some other cool books for ~ $5 each, on the road, a book of amazing Dylan pictures, History of Rock and Roll and a cool picture book about Long Island. Spent about $2 on a book the Darwin awards. Funny stuff about people doing fatally stupid things.

The Borders sale is still on, and the discounts are now larger than every (everything 40% - 60% off.. bargain books even better deals). Only issue is you need to visit a store and actually find a book in the bargain section to get a real super deal. Not ez, no computerized inventory anymore.

And if you need bookshelves or other stuff - good buys there too.

Link to Borders: www.borders.com/online/store/LocatorView

FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#50673 2 years, 11 months ago
Is this the scrapbook that has the CD with interviews on it? If so I got that book for Christmas also...I like it because it has lots of pigpen stuff. I love pigpen!

I'll tell you about a steal I found. Back in 2007 a friend and I were hitting up our local "everthings a dollar store" for some glow sticks. We were headed to a festival. As i walk into the store I see this table piled high with books. I took a glance and they were all Phil Lesh's book Searching For the Sound! I was like are u kidding me???? Of course I got it! Best book deal I ever got. And it was hardback!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#50674 2 years, 11 months ago
I've checked the local Borders, and no GD scrapbook. Actualy nothing at all about the GD. I was hoping to pick up Scully's book,
but no luck. A lot of stuff about the Stones. Jimi Hendrix. That kind of thing. Mostly whats left is stuff nobody really wants, and they're
charging too much for that. I mean, they're still selling this years calenders. Yeah, lots of shelving. Still way too expensive.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#50684 2 years, 11 months ago
I went to boarders a week or 2 ago and found the scrap book - but the damn thing cost me 30 bux ..... whats up with that? ---- must be different priced at different locations....

now not only did it cost me $30 but after reading it I find out that 3 of the inserts are missing - I'm so pissed.

I don't think I'll get anywhere e-mailing boarders but I'll try then I'll try to contact the makers of the book to see if I can get my missing items anyhow ..... if nothing works maybe someone on here with a copy machine could hook me up with a copy of them - I'll send out some tunes or something to trade.

I also picked up another cool book while there "Grateful Dead 365" which was like $25 or something but I couldn't pass it up.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#50687 2 years, 11 months ago
Hope you get it figured out. If not let me know I can surely make some colored copies for a kind soul like you!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#50701 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I went to boarders a week or 2 ago and found the scrap book - but the damn thing cost me 30 bux ..... whats up with that? ---- must be different priced at different locations....

now not only did it cost me $30 but after reading it I find out that 3 of the inserts are missing - I'm so pissed.

I don't think I'll get anywhere e-mailing boarders but I'll try then I'll try to contact the makers of the book to see if I can get my missing items anyhow ..... if nothing works maybe someone on here with a copy machine could hook me up with a copy of them - I'll send out some tunes or something to trade.

I also picked up another cool book while there "Grateful Dead 365" which was like $25 or something but I couldn't pass it up.

You won't get anywhere e-mailing them. The employee's are (rightfully imo) Pissed they are on a sinking ship and about to lose their jobs in this messed up economy. I feel badly for these and the others (including people on this site) who are trying but cannot find a job. But don't fret, President Palin/Bachman will make sure you get zero unemplioyment benefits cause you must be lazy if you don't have a job, right. Anyway, they are against welfare, so if you are out of a job....how does the song go.... oooh yeah....Give me an F give me a U......

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#56096 2 years, 10 months ago
Discounts are now 70 - 90% off. The store in Manhattan is closing in 2 days and everything was either 80 or 90% off regular prices. I just went there and the selection is terrible, but that particular store gets a LOT of traffic There are some good buys on bookshelves, chairs and other furniture. Nothing Grateful Dead related in the NYC store (34th street) but there was a picutre book of Levon Helm's Ramble. It was so beat up though I didn't buy the one copy they had.

Time to create page: 0.78 seconds