• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Will there be a fall east coast tour?

#45111 3 years, 1 month ago
The band will obviously tour where they see fit. I don't understand how people consider a question "will they play in the east coast" selfish in any way.

I am personally jealous of all the west coast shows (dream of seeing them in Calif) and in no way do I want them to cut out anything anywhere. And I do feel sorry for places they don't play (my bro is starving for them in Austin Texas).

I am certainly not wishing they cancel other venues in favor of east coast shows. We all need a little magic now and then

~The kids they dance and shake their bones, while the a-holes in congress are throwing stones, and it's all too clear we're on our own.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tilnot
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#45180 3 years, 1 month ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Slewfoot, is that MSG news from anywhere that might be considered reliable?

I wouldn't post it if were unreliable. The date could move a bit, but I believe there is a tentative date in Nov.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Slewfoot.
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#45185 3 years, 1 month ago
Do you guys like MSG? I've never been, but it seems like its just a gigantic basketball arena...would be good with good seats I'm sure.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#45248 3 years, 1 month ago
MSG is nice. Great for people in NYC area. I've seen 30+ deadshows there and to be honest, if I don't have floor seats I prefer to roam the arena and dance in the aisles. Security is generally pretty lax here too (deadshows are much easier to work than some other things, like rap concerts where there are actual stabbings and the guards refuse to go into bad area - or so I hear from my friend, the guard).

View is ok, sound is usually pretty good and it holds lots of people. Not nearly as nice and cozy as best buy arena or even the beacon here.

Floor seats there are nice, especially front row (only had 1 X at MSG but right in front of the fat man)
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: ColoradoRain
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46096 3 years, 1 month ago
gonna need at least till then to recouperate,i believe phil has a place in NYC so that might explain why they like the EC,i feel for all ya who dont get to see as many shows.money is tight and traveling is expensive,heck had to rent a car and hotel/motels aint cheap don't do camping anymore,between that and tickets yikes it adds up fast,ohh and i do like to eat every now and then.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by 83msg1sttyme.
djmac
Fresh Boarder

#46124 3 years, 1 month ago
Last year's fall tour also included Baltimore and Reading, PA, not just NYC and Worcester. It was a pretty good mix of midwest and NE.

Also, the "east coast" is a big goddmaned area in the context of this discussion, especially this past tour. NYC got a lot of shows, four within a 90 minute drive or so (PNC, Bethel, Vibes and Jones). NYC area shows are not the only part of the east coast. For example, not everyone who can hit a Philly show can hit upstate NY summer shows (SPAC and Rochester are both hauls from Philly) or even the NYC area shows. Philly got a nice chunk this spring, only one local show this summer. (No complaints from me, but it leaves me wanting more). There was no DC area stop this past tour, it certainly wouldn't be "greedy" for folks in the Md/DC/NoVa corridor to want a stop there this fall. They've had a whopping one local show this year, two if you count Hampton. This summer there was one stop in New England proper outside of the Vibes appearance, and that is not for everyone and was more of a NYC area show. I'm not saying the East Coast "deserves" more shows or has been remotely slighted. But to paint the entire "east coast" with a broad brush is a little unfair given where the concentration of shows has been: NYC.

Bototm line in all of this however is that the band is going to play where it makes financial sense to do so. Not suggesting this is all a business decision, but don't kid yourself that its not impacted by those consideration. For a long, long time the formula for the northeast has been that the best way to keep the people coming is to keep feeding the beast with more shows. Seems to work. Other areas like the midweast, the approach has seemed to be the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" school of thought. Look at Fall tours toward the end of the GD: at best you'd get a stop in Ohio with anywhere from 12-15 shows in the Philly/NY/Boston I-95 corridor. Sometimes not even Ohio.

If you are in the uppr midwest and/or west coast and bumming about the east coast predominance, look at it this way: Heads in Texas, Arizona, NM, Missouri, Louisiana, (to name a few) would f'n kill for the access you've had to this band and the prior incarnations including P&F, 'Dog and even the latter day GD. So it could be worse
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by djmac.
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds