• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Wow I spent a lot of money....

#46182 3 years, 2 months ago
shakedownst wrote:
I think half of my budget for 8 shows was spend on WATER. Holy heat wave! 3100 miles driven....gas wasn't cheap!
Would do it again and again and again. See you at Red Rocks!
no kidding i went thru 2 cases of water 70 bottles and god knows how much gas brought the rental back today10 days 1200miles did a few in my car another 500-800 easy
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#46210 3 years, 2 months ago
trust me, I wasn't complaining at all - tour was worth every penny I spent and I'll keep doing it again every time.

No idea how many miles I drove but coming home every night added them up quicker ..... good thing my good old 87' 4runner gets some decent gas milage (over 20 to the gallon highway miles) and she ran like a champ the whole way to ...... making me consider taking it even Furthur next tour .... and that A/C system I had put in a few years ago which ran around $1,000 for everything, was well worth every penny as well!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
izancarlos
Visitor

#46251 3 years, 2 months ago
1500 bucks? R u crazy!!were in the heck r u getting that kind of cash to just party away..I use 2 tour w G.D.in early 80's and late 80'sin 200 bucks. My skateboard,backpack,bedroll.being stuck in Eugene, wit 10 buks,cardboard sign,n not a worry bout gettin 2 the next show..1500 bucks ,bank statements were in the hell u live? Spoiled kids.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46257 3 years, 2 months ago
really its 30 yrs later gas is 4 bucks not everyone like to hitch,sleep in other peoples rooms etc spoiled kids im 45
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#46264 3 years, 2 months ago
"1500 bucks? R u crazy!!were in the heck r u getting that kind of cash to just party away..I use 2 tour w G.D.in early 80's and late 80'sin 200 bucks. My skateboard,backpack,bedroll.being stuck in Eugene, wit 10 buks,cardboard sign,n not a worry bout gettin 2 the next show..1500 bucks ,bank statements were in the hell u live? Spoiled kids. "

yea if I knew what I was actually spending I would of cut down a little - I just grabbed all the posters, a bunch of the shirts, spoiled myself with food, tons of water. I also camped at the Vibes so a good bit went to that. There may have been a phone bill and small insurance bill included in there but most was for the tour. The Bobby Solo Bearsville 9/3 tickets were included in that to. I paid for my brothers whole time out to, and the day my mom went. I just wasn't being conservative at all ..... I should be more conservative in the future though so I could do more shows
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#46345 3 years, 2 months ago
I've definitely spent close to that on some tour/festies but spoiled? Ive been on my own since fifteen working full time since fourteen and have earned every penny I've spent without relying on others for a real good time (but taking what is given with gratitude). The only thing I'm spoiled with is having Bobby and Phil an the boys comin through my town on a seasonal basis! I do love and have done the whole clothes on your back and a couple bucks thing but feel much better with a hotel to crash at and merch money to spare
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, MushroomMan
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#46526 3 years, 2 months ago
yea if working hard for your money and spending it all on something you love is spoiled - then consider me spoiled for sure!

I agree 100% that the only thing I am spoiled with is being right inbetween Boston and NY and being able to hit a great deal of shows without even going on tour...
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds