• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Wow I spent a lot of money....

#44561 3 years, 2 months ago
I'm just looking over my bank statement and damn..... didn't realize I spent over $1500 bux since Bethel ----- was worth every penny though!

Oh and thats not including tickets which I had already
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

Re: Wow I spent a lot of money....

#44575 3 years, 2 months ago
arghhhh.....I know the feeling....but it was worth every single penny, every logistical nightmare, every over 100 degree day sweating and dancing. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#44577 3 years, 2 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I'm just looking over my bank statement and damn..... didn't realize I spent over $1500 bux since Bethel ----- was worth every penny though!

Oh and thats not including tickets which I had already

Is that besides ticket costs? lol
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#44585 3 years, 2 months ago
It's amazing how easy it is to spend money on tour. I blew a lot of money touring with the Dead but I REALLY blew a lot of money touring with the Stones. Some of those ticket prices were astronomical. Looking back on it, though, I don't regret a cent.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#44598 3 years, 2 months ago
Yeah I always set a limit and then wind up at least doubling it by the time I get home, but picture the blinded lady of justice holding money in one plate and Shows/Tours etc in the other, wouldn't even compare. Hey mushrooman you comin out West? I would assume not after doing that much damage to the wallet but we'd love to have you out man you seem like a fungi!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#44605 3 years, 2 months ago
i surprisingly spent very little during the 6 shows i did this summer...really only about what i allotted which is a good thing...nothing worse than coming back from tour (or part of one) to basically no cash...always leave some at home folks!! i was even able to buy some prints and other neat things in the lot...not buying things like beer and other goodies everynight i've saved money and enjoyed myself and the music much better! now it is time to continue saving so the west coast is a breeze financially
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#44624 3 years, 2 months ago
What, did you run into Charlie Sheen? I hear he isn't a cheap date. Just hold on to your briefcase.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#44761 3 years, 2 months ago
"Hey mushrooman you comin out West? I would assume not after doing that much damage to the wallet but we'd love to have you out man you seem like a fungi!"

I can't make it out west this time. I will be seeing 2 of the cancled Bobby shows when they're rescheduled and I also have my tickets for 9/3 Bobby Solo. I didn't get tickets yet cause I figure it wont sell out (and I'm almost broke but I will also be heading up to the Moe Down Festival after the 9/3 show to catch Bob playing with the Levon Helm Band, Hornsby is also playing that day (9/4).

If they have a late fall tour like last year I'm going to see what I can do, cause I only made 3 shows in my area last fall so I just may have to actually go 'on the road' for the first time but I wouldn't go without tickets and a plan for sleeping n all that.

I'd love to meet more people on here and if/when I make it out your way I'm certainly down for it.... BTW that fungi comment was hillarious
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46155 3 years, 2 months ago
YEAH ME TOO tickets for the shows for 2 people,the rental car ,my car has no ac no way i was road tripping without it wife said. motels and cheap ones at that. food,water ,couple cases of beer some lot posters etc it adds up fast .but i look at it like this ya got tons of memories a .2 week vacation to anywhere will cost at least 2 grand anyway,might as well be somewhere ya love plus you get to meet new friends and listen to some of the best music .what killed me was touring the vinyards and wineries at the finger lakes after the CMAC show coulda went on the rest of tour with the money we spent but i got lots of good wine for the winter months (6 cases)
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#46171 3 years, 2 months ago
I think half of my budget for 8 shows was spend on WATER. Holy heat wave! 3100 miles driven....gas wasn't cheap!
Would do it again and again and again. See you at Red Rocks!
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds