• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

DEAD Dogs

#44544 3 years ago
Hey guys im planning on getting me a dog, as of now im thinking a sheperd or a siberian huskie. What kind of breeds have you grown to love? Also i plan on touring and hitchn/hiking with this future companion... DONT WORRY IntotheSun i wont leave him in my van at shows : ) post any dog related stories or experiences with dogs on tour thanks Family- Dan
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: DEAD Dogs

#44551 3 years ago
I don't have any dog tour stories but you have my full recomendation for a German Shepherd, partly just because I've had one and loved them so much my whole life but there very strong and protective dogs and also very smart, loyal and friendly, fun and just real cool dogs....everyone has their preference but I'll always have me a German Shepherd.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#44552 3 years ago
Don't......

A dog on the road sounds romantic and all, but it will be a huge responsibility of which you will quickly grow tired. Most importantly, think of the dog....

When you are more settled and do get a dog, I recommend a cute mutt from the pound. There are always plenty to choose from. I have had great dogs that are lab-retriever-setter mixes. Smart, cute pooches of reasonable size with great personalities.

Hitchhiking? With a dog?....get a clue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, Ossumpei, neverstop66, DeadHead420, SunshineSue
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#44556 3 years ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Don't......

A dog on the road sounds romantic and all, but it will be a huge responsibility of which you will quickly grow tired. Most importantly, think of the dog....

When you are more settled and do get a dog, I recommend a cute mutt from the pound. There are always plenty to choose from. I have had great dogs that are lab-retriever-setter mixes. Smart, cute pooches of reasonable size with great personalities.

Hitchhiking? With a dog?....get a clue.

I agree. Its not like you had a dog, n became homeless, and HAD to take the dog with you. You dont have one yet, so why would you wanna get one jus to put it thru that. But, when you DO, i recommend a weiner dog/german shepard mix. I had one named Fletcher. Biig dog, wit tiny legs. lol R.I.P Fletcher =-)
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#44569 3 years ago
yea I didn't really think that one through to well, was just recomending a dog. Very true the dog dosn't want to go on tour and what is your plan when you go into shows?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#44572 3 years ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I don't have any dog tour stories but you have my full recomendation for a German Shepherd, partly just because I've had one and loved them so much my whole life but there very strong and protective dogs and also very smart, loyal and friendly, fun and just real cool dogs....everyone has their preference but I'll always have me a German Shepherd.

Loose Lucy and I would like to agree that, when you have the right resources, German Shepherds, especially mixes from a shelter, are most definitely the best dogs out there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#44586 3 years ago
I agree that it's a real mistake to take a dog on tour. But in general, if you're looking for a dog, a mix from a shelter is definitely the way to go.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#44588 3 years ago
He's my loveable little puppy dog, but I wouldn't take him on tour. It could be done in the fall or spring when the weather is better. It also would be a lot better if you had a van or bus to live in. But traveling and touring with just a knapsack and flopping wherever may end up being very hard on the dog.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#44589 3 years ago
Here's a picture of my golden retriever "Vinnie", Goldens are very playful loving dogs that want nothing more than to make you happy.....Of course with dogs that's a two way street. Like everyone else is saying don't take a dog on tour.

.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#44591 3 years ago
One more of "Vinsanity"........

.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds