• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

Re: ticket troubles

#46164 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
from my experience, it is always those with worse seats going to grab better seats who are in the "wrong seats"...i've had to ask people to kindly move to find their seat and out of mine...i pay great money to have killer seats, get out of them...the worst is people who "stub down"....they get all their friends down there and all of a sudden the row is double in size and you've got no room...then THEY get pissed when you kindly say something ....a lot of people feel some entitlement to be able to go wherever they want in a non GA show, sorry folks that's not how it is...i am all for everyone having a great time but if your great time is going to affect someone elses experience in a negative way due to your ignorance, then fuck off....

also, there is a significant difference in sound between the many sections of a venue...to think otherwise is foolish

sometimes I will gladly abandon excellent seats due to a negative vibes or just being too squeezed (even if there isn't a stub-down crowd). I had something like 10th row at LA Greek last year & found the spacing of the seats to be just too tight for my liking ... didn't help matters that the guy next to me kept leaning over & talking to the guy in front of me who he happened to know. Part of me didn't want to "give in" and let this joker get more space, but wasn't worth it to me to start up ... so I drifted back to the first crosswalk and was able to groove the rest of the show there, right behind the sound board. There was a big plywood wall, but I could see over it and the sound was actually better.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#46168 3 years ago
Ill wait till the show start and move around. Raleigh I had lawn tickets but a bunch of seats we're empty so I grabbed a few.
But if I was in someones seats I would have gladly moved because I didn't pay for them.
GOOD LOVE
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#46169 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
from my experience, it is always those with worse seats going to grab better seats who are in the "wrong seats"...i've had to ask people to kindly move to find their seat and out of mine...i pay great money to have killer seats, get out of them...the worst is people who "stub down"....they get all their friends down there and all of a sudden the row is double in size and you've got no room...then THEY get pissed when you kindly say something ....a lot of people feel some entitlement to be able to go wherever they want in a non GA show, sorry folks that's not how it is...i am all for everyone having a great time but if your great time is going to affect someone elses experience in a negative way due to your ignorance, then fuck off....

also, there is a significant difference in sound between the many sections of a venue...to think otherwise is foolish

I agree with everything you said. I work hard to try to score the best tickets. In some cases stubhub and pay double to get where I want to be. I wont hold it against anyone for trying, but when I give the eviction notice ya better get going. Happens a lot. Happens during the show too. I try to stay passive so I don't get myself all fired up but will up it as much as needed to take care of business. Wifey thinks its hilarious, always wants to laugh about it afterward. On the rail in Simpsonville I had to ward off 4 different people who were trying to be way to aggressive trying to crunch me out of my space. They quickly found out they needed to leave my vicinity quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#46177 3 years ago
try being a shorty- really sucks- people have alot of balls to try to fit between me and my seat! and i say take your sorry ass back to the lawn - outta my space!!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46180 3 years ago
i did plenty of GA dead shows yet another reason i get seats it aint fun getting crushed against the rail/boards of the the front when you got there early and as the show starts every idiot thinks they "deserve" to be upfront.get there early and wait like the rest of us.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartSlate
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#46190 3 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i did plenty of GA dead shows yet another reason i get seats it aint fun getting crushed against the rail/boards of the the front when you got there early and as the show starts every idiot thinks they "deserve" to be upfront.get there early and wait like the rest of us.

I've used those exact words with people who have no respect for others. As far as frontgate. I went to exchange my tix in Raleigh due to the change of venue. We got there when the box office opened so we could avoid any hassles. We waited behind a guy for 15 minutes who was unable to exchange his tickets (they said come back later and maybe they'll have it straightened out) so when we walked up to the window the dude said "are you frontgate too?" I said nope, gdtstooo. We got our tickets exchanged in a minute. So all I knew was I was glad I don't use frontgate.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#46199 3 years ago
I never try to work my way up threw the crowd to get a spot in a GA show but I'll get the best spot I could early and then hold it with someone, meaning take turns going to the bathroom on setbreak and what not and then we go back to where the other person is. I think that is the most fair way to do it, not just completly leave your spot in a GA show and feel the right to cram your way back up ..... but of course there will always be many people that do that
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46201 3 years ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I never try to work my way up threw the crowd to get a spot in a GA show but I'll get the best spot I could early and then hold it with someone, meaning take turns going to the bathroom on setbreak and what not and then we go back to where the other person is. I think that is the most fair way to do it, not just completly leave your spot in a GA show and feel the right to cram your way back up ..... but of course there will always be many people that do that
nope thats the way to do it always leave 1 person back to hold your spot.for the record ive stubbed people down if there are e,pty seats then they have to deal with the hassle of seat jumping which i find it to be a hassle but to each his/her own just dont ruin someone elses good time in pursuit of your own satisfaction and disregard for fairness or kindness,not directed at you MM
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#46223 3 years ago
MushroomMan wrote:

{{{{{{Diapers}}}}}}
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#46301 3 years ago
FaceOnMars wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

{{{{{{Diapers}}}}}}

sometimes the scent of the crowd would lead you to believe everybody is in fact wearing a diaper, that has been soiled
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 2.37 seconds