• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

ticket troubles

#44527 3 years, 2 months ago
as i tried to enter the cmac arena the ticket reader said refunded and they wouldnt let me in.i ordered these tickets from frontgate during the presale.i also got all my other tickets from them and had no troubles.i had to go to the office get a manager who went online and saw that my tickets were real and he walked me in,as im enjoying the show this other couple who were also at the booth tried to tell me i was in their sseats i showed the usher my stubs and he told them i was okay.at set break she starts some shit with me saying i stole her seats and that i stole her identity and that i was a crook etc.i told her she was nuts that i got my tickets legally and i didnt any of the shit she was accusing me off she wouldnt listen i finally had to tell to take a walk i was done dealing with her.anyone else have any troubles with frontgate? or anything similar happen to them with their tickets?when i get home im going to call them up and find out what happened
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: ticket troubles

#44530 3 years, 2 months ago
Sorry to hear that. Last thing you need for your recreation time is a bunch of hassles. I've read a lot of bad reviews of Frontgate. I appreciate the heads up and would never use them. You would think this woman would be sympathetic to you since the ticket purveyor screwed both of you up, but some people are real simple minded. I think Frontgate needs to be shown the front door.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#44531 3 years, 2 months ago
jeez joel you find yourself in some bad seating situations!! i've never had that direct problem but trust me there are a zillion horror stories from frontgate...i had a couple bad ones myself involving will call stuff..everything worked out in each scenario...it sucks but even after negative experiences like that i am still forced to buy tickets from them if i want to have the guaranteed first shot of a presale, and i caved and bought all 13 west coast from them
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#44532 3 years, 2 months ago
Wow man, you said you are married, right? You sure do seem to have a lot of problems with women.

As for the serious part of your concern I wont use my only Frontgate ticket until Saturday so no trouble for me yet.

I haven't seen anyone else write this.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#44536 3 years, 2 months ago
i dont have a problem with women i have a problem with idiots,they alll seem to want to start shit with me,which i dont tolerate.im happily married for 11 yrs to the girl i met in 93 so im all good there
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#44541 3 years, 2 months ago
I've been to a bunch of shows and I most always get my tickets via frontgate. Never had an issue.

Just another data point.
All You Need
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#44548 3 years, 2 months ago
wow that sucks, sorry you had those troubles.

When I was looking for tickets this past tour on the Frontgate presale I first got section 4 in Mansfield then I kept searching and got section 1. When I tried to delete section 4 it deleted all of my tickets! So I kept searching and could only get section 4. The tickets they gave me were about 7 seats in from the right side (as far right as you can be) and there was nobody for 25-30 seats to my left, there were so many empty seats around me, well until we moved down a little. I could of got Dead center pavilion tickets the day of the show (maybe not the closest) but come on Frontgate those seats sucked!~

Never had a situation similar to yours but thought I'd share my Frontgate story anyway.... I could only imagine tripping and having them tell me that shit at the gate
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#44720 3 years, 2 months ago
I just have to laugh because I've seen hundreds of dead / garcia shows and I think I only sat in my real seats about a dozen times or so. Sometimes I find people in my seat and I don't ask them to leave. The dozen or so times I've gone to my seats have all been front row or floor seats.

I cannot see fighting with anyone over a seat at a deadshow, unless it's a damn good seat where Bobby will spit on my when he gets that crazed look in his eyes.

Again, just another point of view (data point). Your experience really sounded like a royal pain in the butt. Be happy you got in without incident. Good thing you were not there last minute.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#46146 3 years, 2 months ago
it was with incident.hello. as for not sitting in my seats im too old for that BS of moving around thats why i get good seats,even tho i dance for most of the show.people need to understand that others paid good money for seats if you got lawn stay in the lawn ,dont try to steal someones else spot cuz your cheap or broke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: irishqueenie, StuartSlate
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#46159 3 years, 2 months ago
from my experience, it is always those with worse seats going to grab better seats who are in the "wrong seats"...i've had to ask people to kindly move to find their seat and out of mine...i pay great money to have killer seats, get out of them...the worst is people who "stub down"....they get all their friends down there and all of a sudden the row is double in size and you've got no room...then THEY get pissed when you kindly say something ....a lot of people feel some entitlement to be able to go wherever they want in a non GA show, sorry folks that's not how it is...i am all for everyone having a great time but if your great time is going to affect someone elses experience in a negative way due to your ignorance, then fuck off....

also, there is a significant difference in sound between the many sections of a venue...to think otherwise is foolish
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, irishqueenie, StuartSlate
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds