• Topics not covered in other forums.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Average age of people here

#45023 2 years, 9 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:
Sooooo what it seeeems is that Furthur crosses all age boundaries. Anywhere from lil munchkin baby heads to oldschool heads, which is a GREAT thing. I cant think of any other band that even compares in the LEAST. Tis a beautiful thing furshur. =-) Young, old, poor, rich, crazy, sane, and so on. lol

Some of us are sane???? wow

Im sure there must be one or two. hahahhaa
furthurfeline
Junior Boarder

#45031 2 years, 9 months ago
YA'LL CAN GUESS WHEN YA MEET ME! HEHEHE!
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#45079 2 years, 9 months ago
furthurfeline wrote:
YA'LL CAN GUESS WHEN YA MEET ME! HEHEHE!

But, since your FurthurFeline, will we have to guess in cat years??? hahahaha =-)
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#45470 2 years, 8 months ago
Just for hoots, here are the mathematical results of this interesting exercise:

Range: 17 – 56 years
Average: 37.9
Median: 41.0

Wow- almost a 40 year span! I have to say that’s an impressively diverse group, IMHO. And I, for one, like it a lot, even when a youngster outdoes me on song predictions. Indeed a community to be grateful for! : )
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
ScarlettStar
Fresh Boarder

#45474 2 years, 8 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
Yup, serendipity had a lot to do with hooking up with your friends in those days.

It definitely did. On the 95 tour, my pal and I drove down from NY to the RFK shows. We were told by another friend he'd find us at the campground we chose and we said "Okay sure." Now, I had only talked to this guy on the phone, but we were friends. I didn't know what he looked like though....

So we get to Maryland and it's night time. It's POURING rain. We roll into the lot and next thing I know these arms are coming through my open car window (was getting ready to pay the fee) and I yell "You better be Hunter or I'm gonna kick your arse!" LOL

I don't think I'll ever forget that night.
In the strangest of places you get shown the light.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#45475 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
For those of you wishing you’d been born earlier, I can sure understand wanting to have seen more pre-1995 shows, but if it makes you feel better, here are some other things to consider:

- No internet, so having to redial the Dead Hotline phone numbers over and over and over again to try and get past the busy signal in order to get info on the shows. Then once you got actually got through, trying to scribble down the info fast enough, then filling out individual index cards, money orders and #10 envelopes for every show, then worrying that you didn’t do it right and it would get rejected or the envelope wasn’t decorated interestingly enough to score some close seats.
- No cell phones, so trying to meet up with friends was hit or miss at best. Not to mention having to make all travel arrangements, including doing comparison shopping and reservations, via phone calls.
- Waiting weeks for a cassette tape of a show to get mailed, if you managed to find one, unless you happened to be with a taper, though that meant lugging lots of heavy analog equipment all over (I swear I still have dents in my shoulders from mic stands). Not to mention the size of the boom boxes and cassette carrying cases for listening to anything at all pre/post-show; no iPods or even Walkmans early on.
- No couch tour, no real-time (or even next day/week) set lists, no downloads
- Waiting 2 months for your special order Grateful Dead Movie VHS, and only after having to convince the video store owner that it was indeed a real movie, not obscene and yes, I really did want to pay then-big bucks for it.

The “old days” were great, I wouldn’t have missed it for the world, but there’s an awful lot of modern improvements that I’d hate to be without. Every era is a good era in its way!

You forgot to mention the walk to the venues was uphill both ways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muddy Das, SunshineSue
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#45503 2 years, 8 months ago
7/21/1978 33 years aged.
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#45505 2 years, 8 months ago
48 (I'm pretty sure, I always forget exactly)

...and I am NEVER gonna grow up

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
gratefuldaddy
Fresh Boarder

#45507 2 years, 8 months ago
42 and never gonna stop!
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#45513 2 years, 8 months ago
…and you know folks will be looking back on these days and thinking of them with fondness and love, remembering when………. but thank goodness "the wheels keep turning" for all of us. I guess we all all on the wheel at different spots!
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds