• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

Re: People who don't get my favorite music

#44255 3 years, 3 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Happens all the time. They hear the Dead , + they say oh, really. Like they are ashamed that they like them (or at least a particular song). After decades of listening to them; My mother when she passes away, wants to have "Ripple" played at her wake. She never got on the bus, but I guess she liked where it took me. Plus I got to my destination unharmed (up for debate).

hehehhehe, my mom asked for Box of Rain at her wake. lol. I wanted to have something mellow playin like Ripple, then outa nowhere my body fall outa the ceiling and starts swinging n dancing over everybody, wit people makin me dance wit the strings like a puppet. hhahahahaa Thatd properly freak people out. lol. And im gonna make sure mines not all sad n depressing. EVERYONES gotta drop a dose, n dance the night away. lol (with my body still hangin and dancing of course.lol ) =-) =-) =-)
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#44268 3 years, 3 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
Happens all the time. They hear the Dead , + they say oh, really. Like they are ashamed that they like them (or at least a particular song). After decades of listening to them; My mother when she passes away, wants to have "Ripple" played at her wake. She never got on the bus, but I guess she liked where it took me. Plus I got to my destination unharmed (up for debate).

hehehhehe, my mom asked for Box of Rain at her wake. lol. I wanted to have something mellow playin like Ripple, then outa nowhere my body fall outa the ceiling and starts swinging n dancing over everybody, wit people makin me dance wit the strings like a puppet. hhahahahaa Thatd properly freak people out. lol. And im gonna make sure mines not all sad n depressing. EVERYONES gotta drop a dose, n dance the night away. lol (with my body still hangin and dancing of course.lol ) =-) =-) =-)

Is that a segue to a Van Halen reference?
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#44276 3 years, 3 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:

Is that a segue to a Van Halen reference?

No reference
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by DeadHead420.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#44290 3 years, 3 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:

you are one silly platypus
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#44344 3 years, 3 months ago
I love people who don't get the dead. A lot of my people don't get it and it makes it so much more special. Pluse who wants all there friends and family at shoes. I don't just gdf
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#44353 3 years, 3 months ago
My strange hero's lead me on...
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#44412 3 years, 3 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
iamthedoor wrote:
Yeah same thing here, have had numerous friends an coworkers come up an ask with much enthusiasm what song Im listening to, and when I say the Grateful Dead there all "Thats the Dead? always thought they were some hard rock drug music" Good thing is they usually seem into it, but also, and weirdly, when I tell someone I'm putting on the Dead an want them to check it our they don't even seem to go far enough to really listen to it

Weird isn't it? I asked one dude that I work with who has been to many concerts (no Dead shows) that calls it drug music....how many of the various shows he has attended where nobody has been talking to Telinski and he said....None! So I asked him why the Dead are considered "drug music" and he had no answer

i don't know it could be because a large chunk of the crowd is zonked on LSD, psychadelic mushrooms, all sorts of research chemicals, opium, heroin, cocaine, mescaline, marijuana and anything else you can think of
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#44426 3 years, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
splatter_face wrote:
iamthedoor wrote:
Yeah same thing here, have had numerous friends an coworkers come up an ask with much enthusiasm what song Im listening to, and when I say the Grateful Dead there all "Thats the Dead? always thought they were some hard rock drug music" Good thing is they usually seem into it, but also, and weirdly, when I tell someone I'm putting on the Dead an want them to check it our they don't even seem to go far enough to really listen to it

Weird isn't it? I asked one dude that I work with who has been to many concerts (no Dead shows) that calls it drug music....how many of the various shows he has attended where nobody has been talking to Telinski and he said....None! So I asked him why the Dead are considered "drug music" and he had no answer

i don't know it could be because a large chunk of the crowd is zonked on LSD, psychadelic mushrooms, all sorts of research chemicals, opium, heroin, cocaine, mescaline, marijuana and anything else you can think of

I get your drift but what does that have to do with the music? Are drugs unique to Dead related shows? I'm pretty sure you can score a bag of various flavors at a Brittney Spears show
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#44534 3 years, 3 months ago
ya tell anyone your a deadhead and they aint they automaticlly assume your doing drugs.i think it has to do with them coming out of the 60's san fran hippie scene and playing at the acid tests didnt help the image
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#44558 3 years, 3 months ago
Funny I have a Dead head friend who mocks Neil Y's voice but yet he loves Dylan! Go figure?

When playing a 77 Scarlet>Fire we should all say that it is an obscure, but critically acclaimed, Jazz Band who were known to be an improvisational genius.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds