• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

People who don't get my favorite music

#44209 3 years, 1 month ago
Dead, Furthur, Neil Young, Buffett, etc.
I constantlly hear I don't see how Buffett is so popular he can't sing.
Man, that band sucks (Furthur)
Young's voice sucks.
True, they don't have the best voices, but who cares?
I told a coworker yesterday, you don't get it, it's all right, I don't want someone with a perfect voice singing these songs.
This is what's wrong with the music scene today. They place so much emphasis on the auto tune and all that other fake shit, we forget there are people who sing from the heart. This is why these bands and singers I listed grab a hold of me with their music and don't let go until I'm ready to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bencgl, edheadwharfrat, DangerousDan, DeadHead420
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: People who don't get my favorite music

#44210 3 years, 1 month ago
I love Neil's voice - one of a kind for sure

I'd say its perfect for his music...
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, captaintony, edheadwharfrat, DeadHead420
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#44216 3 years, 1 month ago
I was listening to the Scarlet>Fire from the Cornell show from 77 at work recently and I had 3 people come to my cube and ask what it was I was listening to in a "wow that was great" kind of way. When I told them it was the Grateful Dead all three were like "oh......that's the Grateful Dead??? I never liked them". One guy at work calls it "drug music" and the others only know Casey Jones. Next time I'll tell them it's Clapton or something to see if they like it then.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#44219 3 years, 1 month ago
this is no shit, everytime someones ways what the hell are you listening to? I instantly say Abba.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#44228 3 years, 1 month ago
Yeah same thing here, have had numerous friends an coworkers come up an ask with much enthusiasm what song Im listening to, and when I say the Grateful Dead there all "Thats the Dead? always thought they were some hard rock drug music" Good thing is they usually seem into it, but also, and weirdly, when I tell someone I'm putting on the Dead an want them to check it our they don't even seem to go far enough to really listen to it
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
mountainjam28
Junior Boarder
Enjoying the ride...

#44229 3 years, 1 month ago
I'm convinced the whole perfect voice thing must come from these people watching American Idol shit too much or something. I can't figure it out.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#44237 3 years, 1 month ago
iamthedoor wrote:
Yeah same thing here, have had numerous friends an coworkers come up an ask with much enthusiasm what song Im listening to, and when I say the Grateful Dead there all "Thats the Dead? always thought they were some hard rock drug music" Good thing is they usually seem into it, but also, and weirdly, when I tell someone I'm putting on the Dead an want them to check it our they don't even seem to go far enough to really listen to it

Weird isn't it? I asked one dude that I work with who has been to many concerts (no Dead shows) that calls it drug music....how many of the various shows he has attended where nobody has been talking to Telinski and he said....None! So I asked him why the Dead are considered "drug music" and he had no answer
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#44248 3 years, 1 month ago
Happens all the time. They hear the Dead , + they say oh, really. Like they are ashamed that they like them (or at least a particular song). After decades of listening to them; My mother when she passes away, wants to have "Ripple" played at her wake. She never got on the bus, but I guess she liked where it took me. Plus I got to my destination unharmed (up for debate).
Chris2148
Fresh Boarder

#44251 3 years, 1 month ago
Just remember, you know a little something they won't ever know!
I got over trying to convert people a long time ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, DangerousDan
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#44253 3 years, 1 month ago
splatter_face wrote:
I was listening to the Scarlet>Fire from the Cornell show from 77 at work recently and I had 3 people come to my cube and ask what it was I was listening to in a "wow that was great" kind of way. When I told them it was the Grateful Dead all three were like "oh......that's the Grateful Dead??? I never liked them". One guy at work calls it "drug music" and the others only know Casey Jones. Next time I'll tell them it's Clapton or something to see if they like it then.

Tell em its the new Britney Spears album. hahahaha
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds