• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Bobby shows cancelled!

#44270 3 years, 3 months ago
Just came back from 6 east coast tours and while I was mostly in GA / lawn seats (couldn't see well) musically and vocally they were really tight and hot imo.

They certainly got into that magical grove to some extent at every show, some obviously better than others.

I certainly didn't see anything noticeably wrong with Bobby and I didn't notice many mess ups during the shows (which are always there btw.)

~May the four winds blow you safely home
~Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hands....
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#44277 3 years, 3 months ago
This is from Bob's web site:(CANCELED) Bob Weir Solo Acoustic
We regret to inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances, Bob must postpone his upcoming shows between August 2 & 7. All of the headline dates within this window will be rescheduled except for nTelos Pavilion w/Merle Haggard in Charlottesville on August 4. That show can not be rescheduled. Details regarding the re-scheduled dates will be released the moment they become available. We encourage everyone to hold onto their tickets – however, refunds are available to anyone who wishes to do so at the original place of purchase. Thank you for your kind understanding. All other scheduled performances including 8/20, 9/3 & 9/4, and all scheduled Furthur dates will continue as planned.

I hope he is in good health. I'm pissed. Was REALLY looking forward to this show. Damn!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#44317 3 years, 3 months ago
I'm real bummed out about this. I live in St.Louis I got my ticket to Bobby in Knoxville and was so excited! I was really looking forward to this special intimate performance. I have to either sell my ticket or get a refund because mostly likely wont be able to see the make-up show. I already have my vacation set from work and my hotel booked in Knoxville is final! No refunds but I'll make the best of the situation and possible head east 80 miles of Knoxville to NC to see NRPS, Donna Jean, and Tony Rice for Jerry's birthday....

Give us a statment Bobby! We deserve one! But I sure hope all is well with you and your health. That is what matters the most!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
gratefulpanda
Junior Boarder

#44497 3 years, 3 months ago
Yep, I just got my notice saying he canceled the State Theatre show in Portland, Maine. I was looking forward to it and highly anticipated seeing him with just an acoustic guitar. Though I'm slightly disappointed, I'm not going to have "sour grapes," because I feel blessed to have seen this band so many times, and am grateful that they still even play. Almost a miracle to do what they do, with their schedule, at such a high level, and at such an advanced age. Every time seeing them is like a treat. My biggest concern is that he's ok, and that we'll all still be able to enjoy the music for just a little while longer....
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT, ratdogdonna, scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#44724 3 years, 2 months ago
Very well put Panda. I was disappointed (I had tickets to Westbury) but I agree, I have been so fortunate to see so many shows --- most with Jerry but many after the legend passed. My issue is work, schedule is tight so re-scheduled date will be a problem unless it's a weekend. Anyway, I am not turning in my tickets for cash (yet).

I now consider any shows a gift, and I am appreciative of all they do.

While I enjoy seeing Ratdog and I was really looking forward to Bobby Solo, I consider that icing on the cake. For me, the real deal is Furthur. (No offense meant towards anyone -- Bobby included -- I just like to funkin gonuts at the shows). Bobby is really intense though (check out some of his youtube stuff, like Black Throated Wind or Music Never Stopped from Sundance)

This video can give you the chills. Black throated wind is also awsome. Never Stop......

We love you Bobby, and Phil, and John and all of our other brothers and sisters. Thanks for the great times. Looking forward to many more years of fun ahead! Peace Out!

MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#44728 3 years, 2 months ago
forgot about Black-Throated Winds off youtube --- check out the one in the Tri video section, so good.

I didn't really mean forget about other versions just to check this one out if you havn't yet (or have, I think I'll have another look now)

----oh woops that one is from Tri, I guess I should of watched the video before posting
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by MushroomMan.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#46120 3 years, 2 months ago
For those of us who listen to the GD channel of Sirius/XM you may have heard some welcome news yesterday on their radio show Tales From the Golden Road.

According to co-host Gary Lambert, Gary spoke with Bobby LAST Sunday (8 days ago) and per that conversation (paraphrased a bit)

Bobby has decided to postpone his solo acoustic shows in order to get better prepared. He needs to re-learn some of the songs so this tour will be special. Apparently his schedule has been tight and he hasn't had the opportunity to properly prepare.

The shows will be rescheduled (except the one which I believe is not being postponed).

I believe Gary also said Bobby is waiting to see where Furthur will be touring next before rescheduling his shows (cmon baby - expand that fall tour )

In my opinion, this makes a lot of sense, especially with the band and Bobby playing so well lately. My only question is why would they not have clarified this with the original (cryptic) message?

The following user(s) said Thank You: FaceOnMars, ratdogdonna
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#46125 3 years, 2 months ago
Expand that tour!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
ratdogdonna
Junior Boarder

#46129 3 years, 2 months ago
Man, Bob..hope you are ok, we all really love you..I'm praying for peace, love & good health for you dude!
Let there be songs to fill the air <3
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds