• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Mission In The Rain...

#44022 3 years, 3 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Maybe I just don't know what I am talking about, I will differ to someone that saw Jerry. (see I am just a young buck)

Sunshine Sue a little help here please....I will have to go back and re listen to it. It was a little late and I remember it being okay.

Sorry for the confusion.

I've got to say that I'm in the camp that would rather see John singing this one. It's a top favorite of mine, and I'm just not loving Bob's version. It is indeed a song that should always be special, and I don't feel the reverence I'd like to from Bob, at least not on YouTube. I'm thrilled to pieces that they're playing it all though, and really am trying to like this version!!
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#44025 3 years, 3 months ago
It's slightly rough around the edges, but it was a nice break-out, especially for those in Mansfield that night!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#44057 3 years, 3 months ago
I thought it was great, glad I was there.

John would do a great job but I think Bob did to, you just gotta be able to listen to a different approach on it and except that he's not trying to sound like Jerry. Ratdog did this song a lot which I never saw them do live but I've heard plenty of them, always enjoy it.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#44243 3 years, 3 months ago
Why not just be happy it happened at all .
Would you prefer nothing at all .
I on one hand am very grateful for EVERY show
no matter who sings .
The following user(s) said Thank You: edheadwharfrat
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds