• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

Liberty

#4392 3 years, 6 months ago
I really like this song. Its really good as an encore, one of my favorites. Along with Broke down Palace and Ripple.

Anyone agree or disagree?
The following user(s) said Thank You: formerly FLJen
Tim The Beek
Junior Boarder

Re: Liberty

#4394 3 years, 6 months ago
I prefer the version Hunter used to play (and may still, I haven't seen him live in a bunch of years), but it's not terrible the way it morphed.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#4507 3 years, 6 months ago
Liberty is one of my husband's favorite songs.

Here is an unfinished liberty patch by my stepson. I should dig it up and finish it. Thanks for the inspiration!
Libertypatchunfinishedc1996JD-paige.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomass
SplitWindowBen
Fresh Boarder

#4513 3 years, 6 months ago
I've always loved this tune, even back in the day when it was new and people started complaining that it was being over-played. I think it works great in the encore slot, as it is punchy and rockin enough and sets you in a good, motivated, happy mood as you leave the show.

I really like how Bobby and Furthur play it, but I really liked how old Jer would absolutely belt out that last line, 'I'm gonna find myyyy own waaaaaay home' to the point where his voice almost cracked, and then play that clear, distinct walk-down exit riff all loud and with passion. Man he had nothing but soul!!!! Miss the old dude!

Furthur's got it, though. They're damn good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#4560 3 years, 6 months ago
the R. Crumb type imagery in the lyrics works really well.
It's a good song , it bounces along nice.
too bad the Dead never got to develop it into something more.

People who think Liberty was over played are forgetting the merciless flogging given to songs like Way to go Home
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
tomass
Junior Boarder
High There?

#4566 3 years, 6 months ago
Saw it in Columbus at the Lifestyles Pavillion as our Pre Fourth of July Encore...I was expecting U.S. Blues but I was not disappointed.
When you need a haircut bad..........
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#4650 3 years, 6 months ago
i dig this song, great encore...fun(ny) lyrics...the guy i tour with does not care for it one bit...the most recent version in philly was fantastic!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds