• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

Re: post show clean up

#44141 3 years, 3 months ago
I like the idea of a "Hey Don't be a Douche Bag Announcement!" Multiple times, moreover. This would urge people to clean up after themselves for the greater good. You know don't be a 2 year old -- learn to wipe for yourself. Oops, sorry, I better run . . ..
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#44250 3 years, 3 months ago
ColoradoRain wrote:
Cool idea.

They do that at Red Rocks and Broomfield. I don't know if they work for the venue or are just heads, but they are always real cool and they hand out bags to everyone.

At Red Rocks, I always tidy up our area , + then some. There is no excuse for being lazy. If you can hang out in line for hours, then you can take a moment or two, + clean up. Like my mom use to say. " When your done making lunch, just make sure to clean up after yourself".
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#44257 3 years, 3 months ago
Im down for some post show clean ups. It really depends on how long the people im goin wit wanna stick around tho. =-)
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#44261 3 years, 3 months ago
Elizabeth wrote:
I am in, unfortunately I will only be in Alpharetta. I was at Vibes and was really embarrassed by the trash. I have not been to a festival in awhile and forgot how bad it is. I thought Vibes would be different since it would be a bunch of Deadheads. What has happened to our scene? Also the one use plastic crap has got to go. Do people in our scene not know about the plastic free movement? Cig butts and little plastic tops on the ground for kids to swallow? This has been on my mind since Vibes and I have been looking for a forum to find some solutions and maybe vent a little..

What happened to our scene indeed! Nowdays it makes me want to puke when shit heads talk about 'family' and 'our scene' and go on to get staggering puking drunk bashing into their 'kind bros' and leaving their garbage all over the place. I can't believe how many idiots leave glass all over the parking lots. Glass + automobile tires = not good. You'd think no one in America knew what a fucking trash can was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#44266 3 years, 3 months ago
No cure against stupid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#44302 3 years, 3 months ago
Every show I go to I pick up my trash, and as much of other people's that my hands will carry. If everyone did that it would be spotless at the end of the night. I also make comments about it to the people around me... my friends know they will catch shit if they don't follow suit, and I have found that if you call attention to someone, they will as well. Just simply saying pick up your trash people and looking someone in the eye about it gets the job done.

I do love this idea too. I think if you offered a free ticket people would jump at the chance.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#44545 3 years, 3 months ago
great idea standard gear for the car/show is case of water ,bigcups and a box of garbage bags i tie one to the car and hand a few out to my neighbors.i used to clean up beachs when i went fishing and always pick up garbage while hiking,it amazes me that people can lug full bottles and cans but the empty ones are too heavy to take back out.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#44606 3 years, 3 months ago
Grate idea! I always make sure to bring a couple trash bags for shows and although I smoke cigarettes (boo), I make sure to never litter my butts at anytime, anywhere
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#44611 3 years, 3 months ago
i am always the person cleaning up everyone elses trash, both inside and outside venues...is it sickening to see the stuff everywhere (ESPECIALLY CIGARETTE BUTTS)...i bring garbage bags so i can clean up around my own campsite/lot site/etc and also for those around me...about the cig butts...i smoke too so why cant everyone just dislodge the cherry and excess tobacco, toss the butt in your back pocket, and toss it in a garbage can?? why is it so hard? it took me a long time to become conscious of the trash/recycling within the scene but it is so much better when everyone is riding that same wavelength on what to do with it...i would help for 10-15 mins to help clean up but the thing is...after these shows they've got teams of people doing exactly that...because they know that 100% of the crowd is not on board with using garbage cans/recycling bins..
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#44614 3 years, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i am always the person cleaning up everyone elses trash, both inside and outside venues...is it sickening to see the stuff everywhere (ESPECIALLY CIGARETTE BUTTS)...i bring garbage bags so i can clean up around my own campsite/lot site/etc and also for those around me...about the cig butts...i smoke too so why cant everyone just dislodge the cherry and excess tobacco, toss the butt in your back pocket, and toss it in a garbage can?? why is it so hard? it took me a long time to become conscious of the trash/recycling within the scene but it is so much better when everyone is riding that same wavelength on what to do with it...i would help for 10-15 mins to help clean up but the thing is...after these shows they've got teams of people doing exactly that...because they know that 100% of the crowd is not on board with using garbage cans/recycling bins..

I was taught the dislodge technique about ten years ago at Red Rocks and have been using it ever since no matter where I am. Cigarette butts really amount to quite a mess when you are at a show with 5,000 other chain smokers......think about it
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, iamthedoor
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds