• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
pawtrack
Junior Boarder

post show clean up

#43813 3 years, 1 month ago
It seems that just like me many of you have a problem with the trash left in the venue, parking lot, or both. Why don't we start a group that stays a little late to help clean up ? We could set up a table early and hand out bags, and try and teach people about the importance of not littering, and how trashing a place effects the next years scene. We could call it Taking it Furthur, hell we could even make our own shirts in like a flourescent yellow with a TIF logo so we all know who's in at the end of the shows.
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

Re: post show clean up

#43814 3 years, 1 month ago
Notyellow shirts tho, i always associate that with the nasty, big venue security like the asshole who shoved me and screamed in my face at SPAC because i tried to stay two seconds after the show to put my shoes on.

How about lilac or light blue? Softer colors IMHO...
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#43900 3 years, 1 month ago
"Leave nothing but footprints"
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Wind_Spirit
Junior Boarder

#43961 3 years, 1 month ago
That was probably the best thing about phish was green crew, hand out trash bags and stay late to clean up for a ticket, but the lots can get bad the worst thing to me is always the glass at the end of the night I don't think I have a bright shirt but I'm always trying to lend a hand, see you down south
I'm going away, I'm leaving today
I'm going but I ain't coming back
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#43987 3 years, 1 month ago
This is a great idea if we make easier for the venue they might be willing to let them play more
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#43997 3 years, 1 month ago
That's a good idea. If we model better behavior not being a litterbug might catch on. At the Fox shows in Oakland there was a nice little children's playground (of all things) that heads were hanging out in, leaving empty beer bottles all around. I spent a couple of minutes gathering the bottles and putting them in the garbage cans, which were right there, not only because I hate the sight of garbage, but to kind of give them the idea...the youth were looking at me like I had 3 heads, but one guy joined me. Perhaps if they see people cleaning up, not just afterwards, but during, maybe they'll get a clue, and maybe they'll even think it's COOL to clean up after yourself. Cause it is. And I'm not too proud to pick up what trash isn't mine, because sometimes trash can get away from someone by accident. I pick up roadside trash at scenic look-outs, Junior High trash at the library, kiddie trash at the playground, etc. At least one person always thanks me, and sometimes someone will even join in and help. We CAN make a difference. Sometimes it doesn't occur to them to know any better because it can seem like that's how it's done (the littering, I mean) Garbage pick up could really catch on if people see others doing it first. Some people are like sheep. They just do what is most commonly done. Thanks for the good idea.
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#44011 3 years, 1 month ago
New poster here after lurking awhile, I agree that a spontaneous sort of clean up is a great example and I think a bit of reflection back to the roots of where some of the music comes from…YMMV, Bike rides, hikes and climbs I usually have a free pocket or bag to pick up stuff I see someone has tossed, sometimes it even shows a example to others…what goes around comes around…..

I am missing this summer run but will be hitting the Eugene start in the fall

yahoooo
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Jasper. Reason: add on
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#44028 3 years, 1 month ago
Great idea, I'm down.

At the Gathering of the Vibes they encourage people to do this and most don't but there are quite a few who do. We picked up all our trash and more that was in the surrounding area, both after the shows each night and before we left the camp site.
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#44084 3 years, 1 month ago
Cool idea.

They do that at Red Rocks and Broomfield. I don't know if they work for the venue or are just heads, but they are always real cool and they hand out bags to everyone.
Elizabeth
Fresh Boarder

#44135 3 years, 1 month ago
I am in, unfortunately I will only be in Alpharetta. I was at Vibes and was really embarrassed by the trash. I have not been to a festival in awhile and forgot how bad it is. I thought Vibes would be different since it would be a bunch of Deadheads. What has happened to our scene? Also the one use plastic crap has got to go. Do people in our scene not know about the plastic free movement? Cig butts and little plastic tops on the ground for kids to swallow? This has been on my mind since Vibes and I have been looking for a forum to find some solutions and maybe vent a little..
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT, DeadHead420
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds